Front right suspension
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Front right suspension

Hi Guys,

Last night I was driving home and swerved to miss a possum that ran out onto the road. The car understeered like it had never done before, and before long i found myself up on the gutter. the end result is a damaged rim, bent lower control arm and a possible bent sway bar. The tyre is rubbing on the body of the car on the frivers door so it is undriveable.

The worst part of this is that I only got my car back from the panel beaters last friday night after it was hit a couple of months ago.

Advertisement

Does anyone have any idea if a non-genuine lower control arm is available, or how much a genuine one would be?. Is there anything else that I should look for. I had a look at it last night with a torch and am yet to fully inspect the damage.

Cheers,

Will

Fellow Frogger!
    There maybe,
    not sure what sort of car you drive though??
    Presumable a 206, what model??
    Peugeot
    "Anything else is a Compromise!"

Tadpole
    It's a 206 GTI rally. I got a quote for a lower control arm from peugeot at around $250 (he said it was hard to give an exact cost because I don't have the chassis number with me). So at the moment it doesn't look that bad.

W

<small>[ 25 July 2003, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: WillRallye ]</small>

Is the possum ok?

wink

how does the advert go?
    "˙ou need some tyres with grip"
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

Will,
    Ah-yes, the old possum-swerve trick - I tried that in my 205 convertible when we drove it Syd-Perth and I wasn't used to having no ABS so it was Pug 1, Possum 0.

Anyway back on topic - I know yours is a 206 but I just replaced the lower control arm on my 205 with a good, second-hand item that I got through Adrian (cant_get_enough_of_peugeots). I suggest you either contact him to see if he can find a reasonable quality part or if you know your local French wrecker well, pop down there.

Cheers
    Steve
    Renault Clio F1R27 road car and Supercharged Lotus Elise track car

WillRallye:
    swerved to miss a possum that ran out onto the road.
    How weird. We swerve to hit 'em

Originally posted by gtisinz
    <strong>How weird. We swerve to hit 'em
    That's sort of illegal in Australia... a driving offence if not an animal cruelty offence.

Originally posted by WillRallye
    <strong>swerved to miss a possum that ran out onto the road.
    And that's definitely illegal in Australia, written into the regulations, you must not swerve to avoid an animal. Braking is fine.

And you can see the sense in that now, can't you?

Good thing mistareno isn't reading this thread...

Tadpole
    WillRallye:
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any idea if a non-genuine lower control arm is available, or how much a genuine one would be?. Is there anything else that I should look for. I had a look at it last night with a torch and am yet to fully inspect the damage.

Cheers,

Will
    Have you tried David at Colliers at Granville? They do genuine and aftermarket parts for Peugeot and Renault. Phone number is 02 9682 3383 or you can email them at <a href="mailto:[email protected] " target="_blank">[email protected] .au</a>

He may not be able to help, but the few dealings I've had with him he seems to be quite knowledgeable about parts (both genuine and aftermarket) and stuff

Thread Information