504 Twin Carby
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Peter Chisholm

Thread: 504 Twin Carby

Icon11 504 Twin Carby

Was the twin carby set up an option, a "special" or standard at some stage? What years were they available in Aus and more importantly are they good or problems?

Advertisement

Thanks

Glenn

Fellow Frogger!

They were introduced as part of the ADR27a emission rules and in my opinion they are crap.
    The best carby set up for me is the earlir round port dual throat manifold with a Weber from a Renault or a Cortina

I agree...they are crap, and hard to tune. Anyone remember out American friiend here who had such a hard time tuning them ? They only came out for a short time.

I've used Webers from both Cortinas and Renault Fuegos and the Fuego ones are far easier to fit and don't need re-jetting. Makes the car go much better than the original Solex carby....and better fuel consumption.

You just need to get an inlet manifold for a single carby car...one with the round ports, not rectangular ports. They are very easy to fit. Ianrobbo may have one

My dad was lucky enough to buy a 504 with the twin carby setup. If you have a masochistic streak, have lots of free time on your hands and enjoy a challenge the solution of which will not come to fruitician, I strongly recommend go for the twin carby 504. A good supply alcohol, a punching bag or some other means of destressing will need to be on hand.
    lozenge likes this.

Thread Information