84 505 STi Vs Toyota Kluger
  • Register
  • Help

Default 84 505 STi Vs Toyota Kluger

No tin the same league as the other thread like this, but my friend bumped a new Kluger in acar park on the weekend.

Advertisement

Net result was a tiny 50 cent piece size dent to the Pug on the to front of the right front guard.
    The Kluger owner has come back with a quote for 2- 3 grand!!!!! Apparently the front bumper has to be replaced and painted. What a f**king ripoff, bloody jap cars etc and so forth....

thats one area (of many!) that euros have it worked out... do NOT colour code your bumpers! they will never stay the same colour for long! I guess in france especially theyre against full colour coding cos they do most of their parking by feel..
    1992 mi16
    Toyota aware driver
    there are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots..

Quote Originally Posted by mi16_weapon
    thats one area (of many!) that euros have it worked out... do NOT colour code your bumpers! they will never stay the same colour for long! I guess in france especially theyre against full colour coding cos they do most of their parking by feel..
    Whoops - my bumper is the same colour as the body colour. What current model isn't?
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

Im pretty sure theres still a few. The c3 we have at work has black plastic bits on the corners atleast, but i guess thats the important bit. current megane doesnt have colour-coded..

Ive got a french car mag next to me here, theres still qite a few current cars that dont colour code.

I guess if you do have em coded you can always slap some hello kitty stickers on the corners to protect you when you park!
    1992 mi16
    Toyota aware driver
    there are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots..

My VTS bumpers match the rest of the paint.

It tends to be the "lower" end frogs that have the unpainted bumpers. For example lower end 206's and Xsara's have unpainted bumpers, but the 206 GTi and Xsara VTS do.

Troy.

At the moment I actually wish I had the black plastic wheel arch surrounds a la 205.

I had a parking station attendant move my GTi6 during the week and run the right rear wheel arch down the side of a concrete pillar - Not Happy Jan !!! They'll be paying for the damage, but I'm concerned about the match on red, pearlescent paint though. Luckily the bumper escaped damage.....
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

Thread Information