307 lost trip computer 2007 2.0 HDi auto
  • Register
  • Help

Default 307 lost trip computer 2007 2.0 HDi auto

A couple of weeks ago the starter solenoid would only click but 20 minutes or so later it stirred over like normal. At this point the trip computer disappeared. It can be viewed briefly if the end of the stalk is pressed but is reduced in size on the screen and disappears again shortly after the button is released. It started fine for a week but then failed again and the battery voltage was dropping 12.4 to 10V under load from the starter (well, only the solenoid). Jump started it and there was 14.4V so replaced the battery. Fine since but still no trip computer. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Hugh.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

It's a normal setting. You can set it to show trip computer, audio stuff or just time/date. If it is set to time/date or audio, it shows trip comp when you press the button on the stalk. I guess yours went back to factory setting after the battery went flat.
    I can't help with precise instructions as I no longer own the car, but it should be in the instruction manual. I think it is in the "mode" setting?? I do remember it is not at all intuitive, it was difficult to find the setting at first but eventually I set it up the way I wanted...

Fellow Frogger!

I found a manual online. here is the relevant bit...

press the "MODE" button to
    change the permanent application
    (trip computer, audio source, ...),
    press the "<<" or ">>" buttons to
    change a setting value,
    press the "OK" button to confirm,
    or
    press the "ESC" button to aban-
    don the operation in progress.

Thanks Guys,
    I had tried to do something from the "Menu" button and could get to the trip computer but couldn't get it to remain displayed. One press of the "Mode" button bought it back. The owners handbook is not very helpful, at least not to this dinosaur.
    Thanks for your help,
    Hugh

Thread Information