B&M quick shift for the 206GTi
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default B&M quick shift for the 206GTi

Hey guys, how is everyone going? Thanks to the guys that helped me out with my tyre pressure query. It is much appreciated.

I'm looking to install a B&M quick shift in my 2001 206GTi and I was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with the B&M or has heard anything about them? They are significantly more expensive than the Griffith's quick shift but I have heard that the B&M is better.

Advertisement

It would be great if someone could help me out with my little dilemma.

Cheers!

Drewie

Never heard of B&M offering a quick shift for the 206 - so I cant really comment. However the Griffiths Engineering kit is very good, arrived quickly, was cheap, easy to install, doesn't modify any standard parts, can be removed if needed and is very effective in shortening the shift. Plus everything looks all nice and original.

When I took my car back to the dealers - the service manager jumped in and when he comes back he said - hey that's a great gear shift
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Tadpole

Hi,
    I have the Griffith quickshift and a friend has the B&M one so I could compare them.
    The B&M one is not the same kind of part as the Griffith : it is a complete new gear shift lever which is smaller than the original one.
    Actually, feeling with B&W quickshift is a bit better but there are 2 problems :
    - as gear shift lever is changed, you can not keep original one and you will have something different under your hand (personnaly, I don't like it)
    - price is 3 times bigger

Quote Originally Posted by Drewie
    Hey guys, how is everyone going? Thanks to the guys that helped me out with my tyre pressure query. It is much appreciated.

I'm looking to install a B&M quick shift in my 2001 206GTi and I was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with the B&M or has heard anything about them? They are significantly more expensive than the Griffiths quick shift but I have heard that the B&M is better.

It would be great if someone could help me out with my little dilemma.

Cheers!

Drewie
    I had the Griffiths Engineering kit in my car for 2 yrs (recently sold the car) and never had any problems with it. Like others have said, it is cheap, a marvelously simple design, very easy to install, has 3 levels of simple adjustment and keeps everything looking original (which some people like!).

The B&M kit (which I have no experience with) would have to be significantly better to warrant its price if it is indeed 3 times more expensive. It also sounds like it would require a lot more effort to install.

Have a look at the quickshift pages here and here on 206GTi.net for an idea of how simple the Griffiths design is.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Thread Information