PUG 407 Fuel Cutoff & Immobiliser
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default PUG 407 Fuel Cutoff & Immobiliser

Hi all,

I have a 2006 Pug 407 and the immobiliser is cutting the fuel pump at startup. The engine cranks, but no fuel flows. The ECU is throwing an immobiliser fault, but it is seeing the keys on startup etc. If I spray ether into the inlet it runs for a bit until it runs out of ether.

The manual says there is a fuel cutoff inertia switch in the engine bay, front right near the suspension mount but for the life of me I can't find it. Any tips on where to find this switch or other things to try for fault finding. I was hoping to check the switch, and see if I had a loose wire or something, but can't find the dam switch.

Cheers

Advertisement

How do you know the keys being read have you got diagnostics connected also could be a possible fuse box pretty common on V6s Could probably start off by asking what Motor diesel petrol

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    How do you know the keys being read have you got diagnostics connected also could be a possible fuse box pretty common on V6s Could probably start off by asking what Motor diesel petrol
    Yes, hooked up to diagnostics and it shows that it is reading the keys. Fuses are all fine.

I am trying to check the fuel cutoff switch, and also check that there is 12V at the switch when it cranks.

Anyone know where to find the switch? Manual lists it as in engine bay, and I think I know what I am looking for, but I can't see it anywhere.

Cheers

Fellow Frogger!

The inertia switch is in the passenger side rear of engine bay has a large red kob/button

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by ianrobbo View Post
    The inertia switch is in the passenger side rear of engine bay has a large red kob/button
    Thanks, and to be clear, passenger side is an Australian passenger, and not an french one (Left side of car).

Is it behind the fuse box etc?

Ok due basic info not available put power directly down injection fuse while someone try’s to start it if it starts you need a fuse box

Tadpole

PUG 407 Fuel Cutoff & Immobiliser-img_4577.jpgI must be really daft. I can't find a red knob anywhere in the engine bay or any other black, blue etc that might be likely candidates. Can someone please point on the picture where the mechanic touched the big red button.

Ok finally 2.2 petrol if you are getting an immobilised warning you need to go into parameters on the engine ecu and check it’s unlocking are you getting the hey symbol in the center of the cluster if you are you will need to replace the key common fault on 407 the other common problem with these are the engine fuse box’s

Do you have power at fuse 10 in the engine fuse box when cranking forget about the switch it shouldn’t have one.

Thread Information