205 piccies :D
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 205 piccies :D

Default 205 piccies :D

Got my grubby little hands on a digital camera, so now i can show off my car to the unsuspecting many on the internet! (PS, gotta love them speedlines!).

BTW, charcoal grey is the best colour for hiding dirt!

Advertisement

very very tidy specimen....
    Buzzed 405...Got a problem?

Yep - that's a 205. You need to treat the plastic garnish down the side - the mismatch with the bumper is glaring at me. Nice body colour too. They're still one of my favourite wheel designs. My brother had the hide to say to me about my S3 when I had it that 'it would look good with a set of alloys on it' - dum Datsun Skyline driver - I nearly smacked him....
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

Nice car cubits looks very clean. Do the 15 inch rims/tyres make the steering heavier?? How is the handling compared to 14's. I assume you had 14's on it originally?

Trent.

1000+ Posts

very shiny car if i dont mind saying so !!

jr
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Funnily enough the steering actually got lighter when i went to the 15's! I think the offset is different or something. My michelins are finally broken in and i must say the dry grip is phenomenal! Awesome tyre.

I'm going to fix that discolouration (along with a few speckles induced by the recent rain) soon, when i go buy some nice plastic treament. It should see the plastic return to its original condition.

Icon14

hi cubits,

wow, your s1 looks immaculate.

is that original paint? if so, frign well kept!

im a fan of your 205 hardcore.

tell us, a bit a more - you know, like how many kays, what year, how long youve owned it, what the interiors like... and so on, and so on.

the previous owner didnt keep it in cotton wool, did he?

cheers
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

It's a 1987 with 155k km's on the clock. I've only owned it for a few months, but the previous owner did give it quite the cotton wool treament (he owns a few 205's).

The interior has an intact glovebox (shock!), but a couple of tears in the upholstery (no biggie). The aircon is for display purposes only. There are the usual small cracks in the dash.

I'm halfway through replacing the whole dash with a new alcantara/rubbery custom job, because im fed up with all the nasty plastic and squeaking/rattling. My aim is to make an interior that takes a lot of cues from the existing one, but with the quality of materials upped a few notches. It should look like a factory fitted job when done. I was thinking along the lines of covering most parts in dark grey alcantara with thin dark red stitching (ala the shifter boot). Should look awesome.

I want to get the steering wheel recovered in something grippy too, as it has developed an unhealthy shine.

Side note: The 205 GTI is the greatest fwd EVER! Every time i drive it, i love it more. No wonder it was CAR magazines "Car of the decade". No other hot hatch works so well as a whole.
    Last edited by Cubits; 12th May 2004 at 02:17 AM.

Thread Information