308 1.6 Turbo Camshaft Position Sensor
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 308 1.6 Turbo Camshaft Position Sensor

Hey everyone,

Just seeking some advice on an issue that seems to be with the camshaft position sensor.

I plugged the car into diagbox and was looking at all the values and one seemed to be a bit off...

https://ibb.co/g7iwq7

The value that is showing with regards to the position of the inlet camshaft dephaser seems to be astronomically off? It says that it should be close to the reference value which is 36 degrees.

Is this a problem with the inlet camshaft sensor? and will replacing that fix this issue?

More info:

No fault codes
    Has a rough idle intermittently (some mornings it revs 300 higher than normal and there is no rough idle), other times it shudders
    Seems to be using too much fuel
    Some hesitation/lack of power it feels

Advertisement

Cheers,

It says the crankshaft and cam angle positions are coherent. I have no idea how it phases the camshaft and I am taking a big purely electrical engineering guess (someone can shut me down on this one)- but that number should effectively wraparound to 0 at some point after '360 degrees', making me think either the datatype cannot be read properly from the diagbox or the number isn't wrapping from the crankshaft pulses or fail-safe programming.

If you run the car for a while, does the number keep rising or does it fluctuate up and down?

Tadpole

Yeah it is very strange, when I take the car for a run and read the diagnostics the number fluctuates but stays over say ~20,000 never does it get near the reference value or 0. The car runs well when warm itís just little problems that are frustrating me.

I would check if there is a software update. If the ECU wasn't reading the cam position sensor signal how it should then the engine wouldn't run at all.

Thread Information