Peugeot 307 2L Petrol Injector Fault
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dukbilt1

Thread: Peugeot 307 2L Petrol Injector Fault

Default Peugeot 307 2L Petrol Injector Fault

Hello everyone,

I picked up a 2004 307 in very good condition today, and drove it home. It runs really rough - no problem as it's a convert to electric - however I thought I may as well try fixing the engine and seeing if it's a simple fault.

The fault has come up as "Permanent fault. Injector No 1 control Open circuitIntermittent fault. Cylinder reference sensor 1 Open circuit, short circuit to positive, short circuit to earth". Any tips to start on? I was going to swap injectors to see if the fault moved, but was after something to look for if it didn't.

It's a 2 litre EW10J4 petrol engine.

Advertisement

Thanks,

Ewan

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by dukbilt1 View Post
    Hello everyone,

... convert to electric ...

Thanks,

Ewan
    Wait, what? This is the interesting bit. As in batteries and a motor?

Yes, batteries and motor... Or even better, 2 motors - direct drive, no differential!

Fellow Frogger!

Brilliant. I'd like to know more. You should make a thread. My dream would be to take a citroen DS and electrify it, including the oleopneumatic system.

Quote Originally Posted by dukbilt1 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I picked up a 2004 307 in very good condition today, and drove it home. It runs really rough - no problem as it's a convert to electric - however I thought I may as well try fixing the engine and seeing if it's a simple fault.

The fault has come up as "Permanent fault. Injector No 1 control Open circuitIntermittent fault. Cylinder reference sensor 1 Open circuit, short circuit to positive, short circuit to earth". Any tips to start on? I was going to swap injectors to see if the fault moved, but was after something to look for if it didn't.

It's a 2 litre EW10J4 petrol engine.

Thanks,

Ewan
    You could start by doing resistance checks on the injectors two pins...they should read around 15 ohms.
    Any codes been read?
    Check condition and cleanliness of throttle body.
    Check the coil pack connections.
    How many kays on this beast?
    Cheers from Tazfrog
    2003 307 XSEA EW10J4 2.0 ltr petrol AL4
    China Blue.
    2018 Renault Captur 1.2 Turbo Orange/Black

I would probably do something very dangerous like pull the injector rail out, put some cardboard down and briefly turn the engine over so you can see how the injectors spray.
    If one is weird swap it to another spot and see if it follows the injector or the connector.
    A smarter idea would be to do what tazfrog said of course. Its just something i do to have a quick check. You would be vapourising fuel around electronics though so beware. Also dont light cigarettes while doing it

Sent from my SM-G950F using aussiefrogs mobile app
    .....................___............
    ..............___/_] [\ ..........
    .............(O)===(O)..........
    ....Peugeot 206 GTi 180....

Anzactuck and tazfrog,

I'm pretty sure it's a "hard" fail - ie, the computer is receiving a fault indication. That probably rules out an injector with a poor spray pattern or dirty throttle body.

I will measure the injector resistance, and if that checks out okay I will try getting the injectors out and see how they spray (and don't worry - I'm a non-smoker).

One thing I did notice was that the wiring loom outer casing was shot - which possibly means the wiring has been chafing on the passenger side of the engine, so that could be where the fault lies.

Does anyone have information regarding what/where the reference sensor is/sits?

Fuel injector #1 appears to be open circuit - does anyone have a spare I can use to see if it clears any of the other faults?

Well, I'm currently sitting in the local garage getting a blue slip for the 2004 307... I replaced the faulty fuel injector with a second-hand one, and for less than an hour's worth of work and less than $50 it's running - nicely!

As my 2005 307 1.6 HDi needs a new clutch it looks like I will just register this car and take the other one off the road.

Thanks for the help everyone! Now - I need another donor car for my electric project...

Ewan
    SLC206 and tazfrog like this.

Good to see it was relatively simple and not too painful tot he wallet ;o))
    Cheers from Tazfrog
    2003 307 XSEA EW10J4 2.0 ltr petrol AL4
    China Blue.
    2018 Renault Captur 1.2 Turbo Orange/Black

Thread Information