405 Heater 94 SRDT problem Hh-Ee-Ll-Pp....
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 405 Heater 94 SRDT problem Hh-Ee-Ll-Pp....

I just bought the 405 SRDT from Maryborough, QLD. (For my wife- 2nd 405 SRDT in family!)
    Anyway... few probs, broken LH mirror, LH electric window does not work (-seems to be the clutch in the electric drive box- are they fixable??) BUT, the main problem is no heater.
    Heater: I have removed all the panels around the heaeater, but all I see is wiring. I do not have any circuits of the heater control (dreaded Haynes manual), & cannot see the heater pipes come into the cabin. (Prefer not to remove dash if at all possible). How do I prove it is working or what is faulty, & I remember something about motor controlled flaps??

regards Doug

Advertisement

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

ok there is another thread about this going as we speak titled air in my cooling system

you may have the servo motor for the heater that has gone blewy and a good way to check is to put the heater on as per normal and not recirc and see if you can hear a clicking noise on the left hand side

also worth checking is to see if you can see any hoses going into the firewall and not joined together with a piece of pipe or the like

as you are in QLD the chances are the previous owner wasn't too worried about bypassing the heater if the matrix was leaking as cool weather isn't the norm up there

to get the heater matrix out is a fairly major job but see how you go in regards to finding the hoses first
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

OK, I found the core has been bypassed: guess I will try to pressure test the core first. I cannot hear any clicking when the heat is turned ON, but I will try reconnecting the core first (after I have pressure tested it- need to make up an adaptor, with a guage & pump: lucky I work as a Biomedical tech! I can pump it up with a Spygmo & use a gage to see if it holds pressure (about 10 pounds should be OK.)

regards Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    OK, I found the core has been bypassed: guess I will try to pressure test the core first. I cannot hear any clicking when the heat is turned ON, but I will try reconnecting the core first (after I have pressure tested it- need to make up an adaptor, with a guage & pump: lucky I work as a Biomedical tech! I can pump it up with a Spygmo & use a gage to see if it holds pressure (about 10 pounds should be OK.)

regards Doug
    Doug,

As regards the pressure to test the system, be guided by the specs of the radiator cap.
    On petrols I think you'll find they are set at 1 bar (14.5 psi) and I can see no reason for diesels to be any different.
    Not much point testing at 10 if they operate at almost 15 particularly in the case of a small weep.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

405 Heater core removal Kludge

This looks doable from the Canberra club, if the core is U/S. (for the info of others)

regards Doug

jgp

I just had the heater core replaced in my Ser 1 mi16 by a peugeot repairer here in brisbane who I recommend, anyway all up with a new core(valeo make) plus coolant $330.00 which I think is worth paying considering the work involved. P.S. all that was required of me was to reinstate 4 rivots in the glovebox as he ran out .o.k by me.

Doug I should have all the parts you need for a fix on your 2nd SRDT, I will have a white one LHS of the car is perfect RHS much less so. BTW how is the biodiesel going?
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by jgp
    I just had the heater core replaced in my Ser 1 mi16 by a peugeot repairer here in brisbane who I recommend, anyway all up with a new core(valeo make) plus coolant $330.00 which I think is worth paying considering the work involved. P.S. all that was required of me was to reinstate 4 rivots in the glovebox as he ran out .o.k by me.
    Hi, as i am facing this prob for the 2nd time in 5 years, can i ask who your recommended repairer is please?

Ralph

Doug did you send me a PM I got an email but no message when I logged on.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

jgp

Default repairer

Quote Originally Posted by eMi16
    Hi, as i am facing this prob for the 2nd time in 5 years, can i ask who your recommended repairer is please?

Ralph
    hi ralph, the name of the repairer is robert. he's located a block away from the gabba cricket ground. ph. 33917461. mention that joe with the mi16 sent you. cheers.

Thread Information