1.2L 3 Cylinder turbo fuel consumption? - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 1.2L 3 Cylinder turbo fuel consumption?

I've been lucky to get around 8.5L/100km out of my 1.5L manual Focus Ecoboost around town, 6.5 is the best I have seen on the open road.

Advertisement

I also have a 2008. Bought new November 2017. Done 5000 Kms. Economy is good but nothing like the figures they claim in the brochures, it's better than our 1.6 non-turbo 207 auto. On a country trip on highways it gets around 7.0 L/100K. In suburban traffic it never gets out of 4th of its 6 gears so economy surprisingly never really gets a chance. I always measure economy by petrol I put in vs kms shown on odometer. Highly suspicious of the readouts from the dashboard. I'm curious about the economy but my main impression of the car is its effortless cruising and the great match of the engine and transmission. I'm absolutely happy with my purchase. I'd need to look up my logbook to get some actual figures to quote. May add these later.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryC View Post
    I also have a 2008. Bought new November 2017. Done 5000 Kms. Economy is good but nothing like the figures they claim in the brochures, it's better than our 1.6 non-turbo 207 auto. On a country trip on highways it gets around 7.0 L/100K. In suburban traffic it never gets out of 4th of its 6 gears so economy surprisingly never really gets a chance. I always measure economy by petrol I put in vs kms shown on odometer. Highly suspicious of the readouts from the dashboard. I'm curious about the economy but my main impression of the car is its effortless cruising and the great match of the engine and transmission. I'm absolutely happy with my purchase. I'd need to look up my logbook to get some actual figures to quote. May add these later.
    They are a great car and I'll sure get another. I'll encourage you to dig out those figures... Easter eggs on way!
    Previously 404 1969, 505, 504 1977, 405 MI16 1991, 205SI ,306GTI6 1997
    Currently 306GTI6 1999 and 2008 Active 2013

Done the sums now after 6000kms. A long country trip 500kms and back to suburban Melbourne gets me 6.4 l/100k. Car computer says 6.1 but I'm very suspicious of it. Always optimistic. I sit on 105 true Kmh when I can or else a true 101 on freeways. Not a leadfoot but do look at the tacho to keep it in the sweet spot of 2000 rpm. (Can't really do much else the way the gearbox and engine work together). I've got these figures fairly consistently over the last few 1000 kms. Can't really believe some of the claimed figures in this post, but then again, I'm not really driving for economy, just mechanical sympathy. Our 207 auto on the other hand normally gets about 6.8 l/100h on the same kind of trips.

Around town did 9.2 when quite new now falling to 8.5 or so most recently. It may drop further but in the suburbsI'm a little impatient at the lights. Too many lumbering SUVs who are asleep on takeoff. Get around them when I can so that I can see the traffic in front.

So, it's better than the 207 for economy by about 0.5 but I'm not getting hysterical. Depreciation is costing me more than the decimal parts of fuel economy savings!
    dhaw likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Iím now wondering if the fuel consumption readout over the last 9999kms is a selling point now.
    Driven like a little old lady is now provable.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information