Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Tim-HJ61
  • 1 Post By David S
  • 1 Post By N5GTi6

Thread: Peugeot 407 car software needed

Tadpole

Default Peugeot 407 car software needed

Hi guys,

So I ran out of DPF fluid, was quoted a silly price by Pug dealers so did the top up myself.
    Now I want to delete the annoying beep every time i start the car.
    I ordered a Lexia cable from eBay which came with a CD with the DIAGBOX software.
    It was a nightmare to install takes a lot of time, needed virtual machine for WIN XP etc.
    Anyway, I got it running diagbox software is 7.57, but... when I run PPS (peugeot planet) the interface i get is absolutely different from what I see people have on youtube. Even when i try reading error codes I don't get that "particle fluid level too low, repair needed" message on the computer.The software doesn't show anything from what i see other people are getting...
    When I look closer at the videos, people are loading peugeot planet from peugeot planet office shortcut where the software which has been provided to me is diagbox and is totally bugged.
    I have spent too much time trying to fix this and simply can't be bothered anymore trying to get it work.
    Does any one of you know where I can download the Peugeot Planet Office softare(not diagbox) or is there anyone in the Melbourne area preferably Point Cook area who has this software that can help me out or do it for me. I will tip you $5-$10 for your effort and it shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.

Advertisement

Thanks

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

1000+ Posts

Diagbox is newer.

Default Peugeot 407 car software needed

An observation from afar. Offering $10 is pretty demeaning, given whoever takes this on has worked through all the same roadblocks you have and figured it out. You might get more takers at $50

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs
    68 404 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HJ61 View Post
    An observation from afar. Offering $10 is pretty demeaning, given whoever takes this on has worked through all the same roadblocks you have and figured it out. You might get more takers at $50

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs
    In fairness it was $5 to $10...and will only take 2 minutes.

Now I know how mechanics feel...

Dave
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Fellow Frogger

Sounds like a job for AirTasker at those rates.

Even the factory will pay 0.3H just to connect to the car and check the fault log. Depending on the age of the car, the additive pump might be under control of it's own ECU or the engine ECU. You won't need to change any software, just reset the additive system as it doesn't have a level sensor and only infers what has been used from what it knows of the pump cycles and fuel refills.

Diagbox should be able to work on all PSA vehicles as it replaced Lexia and PlanetPug. If it doesn't, take it up with the vendor of dodgy software. The current legit version is 8. something and, like the parts/repair info system, it has a very real cost to dealers rather than just being free to them. So, it's not surprising they would want to charge something for that overhead in addition to the technician time.
    hypermiler likes this.

Tadpole

Do you know what customers feel like when mechanics charge $700 for a refill of the DPF and code reset? Dpf fluid is $150 that is $550 remaining. Some serious programming going on there for the mechanics.

Fellow Frogger

Without defending the cost, you need to be aware that dealers have their hands tied to some extent because they are obliged to buy their factory parts from the local importer. So, what you might have bought for $150 from an alternative source might cost the dealer rather more to buy and will certainly have a higher sell price. Add the labour to refill the tank and reset the parameter, plus the GST and it's not too hard to see $700 or more. That is just part of the franchise model that applies to car dealers.

It's a shame it wasn't designed to be owner refillable as can be done with Adblue. However, the Eolys was intended to last maybe 160-180K, which probably exceeds the expected service life for most cars, so is a lifetime fill. Adblue needs regular refills and a full fill in BlueHDI models will last a bit over 20K, or enough to get you just past the next regular scheduled service. The difference is that DIY human/skin contact with Urea does not pose the same dangers as the Eolys fluid.

Hopefully, someone local might be able to help if you can't figure out how to make DiagBox work.

You shouldn't need the latest and greatest version of Diagbox to reset a 407. That's a pretty old model at this stage and there are plenty of sources online for the older software versions. Yes, it's not the most intuitive software. Yes, it's not the easiest to install. Yes, you need to run a 32bit version of Windows. The reason you're doing all of this is to avoid the interaction and subsequent cash exchange with a dealer. Like a lot of people here I have an old laptop running WinXP which only has this software on it. The laptop owes me nothing, and saves me the cost and inconvenience of visiting the dealer every time. I've used Diagbox a number of times and I can tell you it takes me more than 2 mins to carry out something like you're requesting - in fact I did it on my own 308. From what I've seen there are no real user manuals available online - anyone using this software outside a factory endorsed workshop is bumbling along to some extent to get what they want out of it an it does take a bit of time to work it out.

You need to be methodical with the installations, and follow the instructions to a t. If you're instructed to copy and backup a file for the installation - do it. If you're instructed to reboot after each stage - do it. If you're instructed to remove ethernet cables and turn off WiFi - do it. If you're instructed to avoid online updates - do it. Don't think for a min that you're going to get full dealer authority with your cheap software.

If you were in Sydney I might offer to help out, but this is not a 2min update nor a 2 min fix. This could easily he half a day for someone to help you out here.

Cheers

Justin
    hypermiler likes this.
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

Tadpole

That I agree Justin. I installed it on a windows XP running on a virtual machine. Following the instructions which were quite easy it took 4+ hours to install...
    My problem is that when the program communicates with the ECU, it can read the values but it can not read the error codes which is the low particle fluid level error. When i said it is a 2 min fix i meant it takes to minutes to plug the reader, read the code and erase it. If it was to work properly that is
    Hopefully some one will be willing to help me out, or maybe point out a location where to download the old software.
    I am sorry if this is a mechanics forum and I posted in the wrong place. Before posting I hoped this would be a friendly French cars owners forum for people who would like to save some $$$ and help each other. That's why i also said "TIP" and not "Pay"
    Thank you all for your input.

Book your car into French Connection at Airport West.
    They'll be able to clear the code.

Dave
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655

Fellow Frogger!

I successfully used Lexia to reset the eolys level in my daughter's old 2006 407 hdi without any problem. I'm Happy to lend a hand, if you ever get down to Bris.

Wow 5-10 bucks you could have a module thatís stuffed if itís an early on with level sensor it could be stuffed but is that what you would do with a plumber or a sparky

Tadpole

I will give French Connection a call and see how it goes. I found someone to help me out and he had the original version of the Lexia adapter (not the eBay ones). Unfortunately same as the issue I was having, he had the same one too. So basically it does connect, you can make all the actuation tests etc, however when you tell the program to read the error codes, it doesn't pick up anything, but the error shows up on the car display. He couldn't figure out why it was doing it although he has worked on Peugeot cars before. I also have tired taking off the leads, I removed all fuses that had anything to do with the BSI(ECU), even tried resetting the BSI which was successful(youtube tutorial), but still didn't get rid of that annoying error code or does it allows me to read the error code with my Lexia and PP2000/Diabox

🤦*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

Thread Information