ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL PARTS: 405 SRi TO Mi16
  • Register
  • Help

Default ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL PARTS: 405 SRi TO Mi16

Mes Amis,

Is the electrical circuitry from a '95 Series II 2litre 405 SRi the same as/similar to that in the '93 1.9litre Mi16? e.g. could the SRi's power window switches be installed in the Mi? The battery?
    How about mechanicals such as brakes & pads, clutch?

Advertisement

Any information on interchangeable parts would be greatly appreciated for I have salvaged our once immaculate 194,000km SRi after it was written off x100

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UFM356_6DEC2017.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	102508Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UFM356_FROM ROAD.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	102509

That's a sad end to what looks like a car in good condition.

From the pictures it looks like the crumple rate front end worked perfectly absorbing all the impact and I assume the doors still open with no deformation of the cabin area.

As to swapping parts from a series II to a series I, well I'm not sure exactly.

I have no doubt that many parts can be swapped and there will be people on the forum who will know.

You'll probably need to be more specific about exactly what parts you want to change over.

I think there was a difference in window switches between the two cars.

Battery should be ok.

Suspension can be swapped as far as I know but the Mi16 springs and shock absorbers may be rated differently.

I would have thought brakes and pads could be swapped.

Clutch, probably not - I recall there were differences with diameter of plates etc.

Engine wiring loom - probably not as I think the ECU was different and hence will have

different connections.

Again - there are others much more knowledge of these parts than me.

Cheers
    Roland

Land Rover Discovery 4
    406 Coupe D9 - Manual (2002)
    307 Hdi Estate - Auto - (2007)
    307 Hdi Sedan - Auto - (2007)
    505GR Estate - Personal Import from UK 1971cc Manual (March 1986)
    405 Mi16x4 (all the parts ready to install into the LeMans body)

Fellow Frogger!

A 93 405 is a mk 2 therefore a two litre and the wiring is interchangeable if its 92 or an earlier mark one the wiring is a bit different the 91/92 guards will fit but not the earlier 405 hence the term mark one and a half ... I think ... regards fish

Many Thanks Roland & Fish.

Yes, those who saw/drove in it couldn't believe it was a 22yr old car. Immaculate inside & out. I was/am so anal in looking after my cars.

The new radio was 4 weeks young. Tyres, 2400kms. New shocks & steering gear approx 18mths. Oil change & filter, a month. B-I-G sigh

I opened the door & boot. They didn't spring open. My wife had just moved off our driveway & made it about 1.5 metres onto the road. Was in a hurry & too intent on what may have been coming over the crest on her left & missed a van coming up the hill. VERY lucky not to have been T-boned. fortunately for her, the van driver swerved as best he could, hence the damage to the left hand side front.

SRi gone Dec 06. Our MkIV Golf R32 sold Dec 11. Down to 1 car. Flexibility now restricted until we buy a new car which, owing to what's on offer & after 30 odd years, won't be a Pug

Thread Information