• Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PugMonkey

Thread: GTi 180 stalling

Tadpole

Default GTi 180 stalling

Hi fellas

I'm having trouble with my gti 180

It's been stalling on me after a few minutes running, and won't start again until more than 12 hours later.

Advertisement

Basic OBD2 tool says I have coil pack issues, injectors circuits are low, O2 sensor heater not working correctly, cylinder head temp sensor voltage incorrect.

I can't figure out why the car will start and then stall.

I've replaced the coil packs, no dice.

Just today I replaced the crank position sensor, still stalling on me after 10 mins runtime

I can't imagine that all 4 injectors have failed at the same time, and the car doesn't run on less than 4 cylinders before it stalls, nor does it die slowly like it's being starved for fuel. It's just an instant power cut, engine turns off with no warning whatsoever and won't start again.

Any ideas?

Anybody in southeast melb with pp2000 wanna come visit in keysborough?

Thanks in advance

Fellow Frogger!

First and always question, how is your battery condition?
    First signs of a poor battery are seemingly random issues cropping up.
    206 GTi 180 - Cat Cams, Remapped Group N ECU, AST Camber Tops & Coilovers, -2deg fixed camber hubs by Frogstomp Racing, 24mm Torsion Bars, AP Racing brakes, Yokohama A050, PeugeotSport Baffled Sump, Powerflex Engine Mounts & Bushings, Setrab Oil cooler, Quaife diff, Velo seats.

Sandown - 1:31.5
    Winton - 1:45.6
    Phillip Island - 1:58.4
    Nürburgring - 10:23.ish (Fiesta ST)

Previously, 2x 504 Wagon, 505 Wagon, 505 STi, 405.

Tadpole

Battery is fine, it's a yellow top deep cycle and the car does start fine when it does start

Any chance the O2 sensor would be stopping the car from starting?

Tadpole

Update:
    There is no fuel exiting the fuel pump.

I cannot detect a voltage at the fuel pump plug when I set the key to ignition.

Although the fuse in the engine bay is not blown.

Any ideas why I'm not getting voltage at the fuel pump?

Tadpole

Fuel pump is not recieving voltage from fuse box in engine bay.

Red wire located on the center grey plug, when voltage is applied directly there is no problem and car fires up

I will be running my own relay to power this red wire, as I don't want to fiddle around with the circuitry under the fuse box.

Quote Originally Posted by Biz2y View Post
    Fuel pump is not recieving voltage from fuse box in engine bay.

Red wire located on the center grey plug, when voltage is applied directly there is no problem and car fires up

I will be running my own relay to power this red wire, as I don't want to fiddle around with the circuitry under the fuse box.
    Oh dear be so carefull doing this. Bypassing the factory fuel pump circuit is extremely dangerous. The factory circuit provides all sorts of protection in regards to accident safety. The first thing you want to shut off in any sort of hit is the fuel pump. If you bypass the factory circuit, the pump won't shut down in the event of an accident and if the fuel line is damaged then a volatile situation will present... All within split second.

Only two wires going to a fuel pump. One to earth, one to ecu via a relay. Trace them an fix them properly.
    Roland likes this.
    ....now watch a Peugeot turn into a corner!

Quote Originally Posted by PugMonkey View Post
    Oh dear be so carefull doing this. Bypassing the factory fuel pump circuit is extremely dangerous. The factory circuit provides all sorts of protection in regards to accident safety. The first thing you want to shut off in any sort of hit is the fuel pump. If you bypass the factory circuit, the pump won't shut down in the event of an accident and if the fuel line is damaged then a volatile situation will present... All within split second.

Only two wires going to a fuel pump. One to earth, one to ecu via a relay. Trace them an fix them properly.
    There are other items that could cause this issue too. There may be a low oil pressure circuit - shuts down fuel pump to save engine. Security system / central locking shuts down pump for theft. Do some investigation.
    ....now watch a Peugeot turn into a corner!

Thread Information