• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pugwash

Thread: 86 505 GTD Turbo Brake Pump Problem

TEC
    Tadpole

Default 86 505 GTD Turbo Brake Pump Problem

Trying to help another Frogger out with a hard brake pedal problem. I connected a vacuum gauge to the brake pump. The vacuum reading on the gauge reads almost zero at idle and at revs. Suspect the pump is shot. It is a sealed unit belt driven type. I am unable to find a replacement local. Anyone know what is available. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Post in parts for sale and wanted

1000+ Posts

Just did a search on e bay ,alternator/vacuum pump,i recall the mitsubishi l300 diesel i had ,had the vac pump attached to the rear of the alternator ,i see toyota and nissan ,do the same thing ,if you are not too precious about originality ,and the alternators are compatible it may be a quick fix ,with the bonus of a new alternator to boot ,pugs ps most seem to run v belts
    Wildebeest likes this.

Tadpole

I have a new un-used brake vacuum pump purchased when I mis-diagnosed a brake problem on my 505srd Turbo. Not cheap, but will sell for a heavy discount on new cost.

TEC
    Tadpole

Thanks Andrew, I will pass that on. Latest was the owner was checking if an electric pump can be installed.

Quote Originally Posted by TEC View Post
    Thanks Andrew, I will pass that on. Latest was the owner was checking if an electric pump can be installed.
    I had a crook vacuum pump on my 504 ute that has an XD2S engine. I could not find a replacement vacuum pump new or second hand at the time and I needed a replacement quickly. I fitted an electric pump I purchased from Hoppers Stoppers (from memory) for a cost of about $500 approx. Works well - electric pump is a good replacement IMHO.

Cheers

Tadpole

The new (never used)
    pump which I have cost around $440 a few months back but as I do not need it I would accept under $300

Thread Information