Front Brake Rotors and Pads for 2012 308 hdi Wagon.
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Front Brake Rotors and Pads for 2012 308 hdi Wagon.

The 2 W.A. Pug dealers have both closed and no longer appear to carry parts. Having trouble getting a response from new WA Dealer. Does anyone have experience with DBA front rotors and Bendix pads from either Sparesbox or Automotive Super Store for 2012 Pug 308 hdi wagon. Any other suggestions ? Thanks.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Nothing wrong with DBA. Here's another option only a courier away: EAI: European Auto Imports

My wife recently had the pads and rotors on her 308 replaced at the local Tyrepower very quickly and easily and under $400.

Quote Originally Posted by Barty View Post
    The 2 W.A. Pug dealers have both closed and no longer appear to carry parts. Having trouble getting a response from new WA Dealer. Does anyone have experience with DBA front rotors and Bendix pads from either Sparesbox or Automotive Super Store for 2012 Pug 308 hdi wagon. Any other suggestions ? Thanks.
    If you drive your car normally (ie not as a race car with P plates) those rotors and pads will do the job just fine.

Dave
    2009 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi wagon
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Fellow Frogger!

On my 307 diesel wagon I got a disappointing life (70,000 km??) out of the factory originals. They were replaced with Brembo discs and pads which lasted well but didn't have a nice a feel. When they wore out they fitted Textar discs and pads. they were really lovely to drive - much more progressive than the Brembos. I sold the car afterwards so I can't comment on the life of the Textars, but I was surprised how obviously better they were than the Brembos.

Note I don't drive hard, but live on the Great Ocean Road so lots of twisty bits and lots of braking.

I'm sure Lewin at Pugspares will have some good alternatives for you.
    He's very good at mail order stuff and very helpful on the phone. You'll need your VIN handy when you first speak.
    0733534448 0424063541

I've been running DBA rotors and ATE ceramic pads since 2012 - here is my thread from 2012...

ATE Ceramic brake pads

Can't fault the combo, and they seem to get stronger with age. After 5 years constant use they're approx 25% worn I reckon. Discs still look new.

Front wheels with the ceramic pads never get dirty. Rear wheels with the standard pads get filthy.

Cheers

Justin
    '07 Megane R26
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '09 308 XSE Touring
    '10 308 Sportium Touring

Interesting graphic from Bridgestone of all places - clearly shows the benefits of Ceramic pads over both Organic and Semi-Metallic for road based applications :

https://www.bridgestonetire.com/cont...allic-pads.png

Cheers

Justin
    '07 Megane R26
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '09 308 XSE Touring
    '10 308 Sportium Touring

1000+ Posts

DBA are very good, 7 sets warped on my 307 at about 10K km each (not me driving) DBA for last 150K km no issues, that peaks for itself.
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway

Thread Information