• Register
  • Help

Thread: 2003 206 gti

Tadpole

Default 2003 206 gti

Hey Frogs.

greetings

Advertisement

I'm Clarkey. I have just bought a 2003 206 gti.
    i have a few things to fix. The exhaust is hanging down so thats an obvious easy fix. There is a strange feel aboit the passenger suspension over bumps that feels like a loose top shock mount that i will need to replace.

what are some other things i should check that this model is known for wearing out? 5 speed manual, 230,00 kms

cheers mon ami!

The clutch judders as mine did
    And then the release bearing fell apart.
    Then I changed it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using aussiefrogs mobile app

1000+ Posts

My guess for the front suspension is a shot bearing. They sit in a cap at the top of the spring and its wet under there and the left side gets more bumps. When they go you get movement of the strut that gives a very noticeable knock inside the car.

If so it's strut out. In the smaller PSA cars you will need to expand the hub at the back with a lever or tool as it grips the shock absorber. Spring compressors are essential.
    2003 206 gti-screenshot-2.jpg

Tadpole

Thanks for the responses. I bought a pair of 100,000 km struts better than mine and a complete exhaust from a guy wrecking one. They are going in tomorrow. My car is unregistered but i had a permit to bring it home. I have size 14 shoes which make the pedals a bit hard to cope with. I am impressed by the car however. It is quite nippy through the gears and well equipped for a 2003.
    i bought another one to fix and sell. It s a 206 CC with only 90,000 km with a gearbox problem.

liberte, equalite, fraternite

Thread Information