206 SW rear trailing arms adjustment
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 206 SW rear trailing arms adjustment

I've changed the rear trailing arm bearings on a 206 SW MY2005 I've bought for a spottstyver as we say in Sweden. (Spottstyver equals bargain). I thougth I did this right but I didn't. When I lowered the car after I've gotten a lowrider. My question is, how do I raise the rear of my car? Are there any "rules" for how to do this?

//Thomas

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

You probably didn't mark the torsion bar locations and have set it up incorrectly.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by ianrobbo View Post
    You probably didn't mark the torsion bar locations and have set it up incorrectly.
    Yes I did. However, the chap I bought it from had probably made a try on this already because the torx-bolts at the end of the torsion bars where missing when I started.

My question still remains though, is there some kind of guide on how to do this or is it a trail and error thing?

Fellow Frogger!

It's basically the same as this https://www.pug306.net/index.php?pageid=lowering

Getting it to the correct height is trial and error, unless you have the Peugeot manual with reference lengths and a dummy damper.
    The good news, is once you've done it once or twice, it's pretty easy to keep trying spline positions until it's right, then put it all back together.
    206 GTi 180 - Cat Cams, Remapped Group N ECU, AST Camber Tops & Coilovers, -2deg fixed camber hubs by Frogstomp Racing, 24mm Torsion Bars, AP Racing brakes, Yokohama A050, PeugeotSport Baffled Sump, Powerflex Engine Mounts & Bushings, Setrab Oil cooler, Quaife diff, Velo seats.

Sandown - 1:31.5
    Winton - 1:45.6
    Phillip Island - 1:58.4
    Nürburgring - 10:23.ish (Fiesta ST)

Previously, 2x 504 Wagon, 505 Wagon, 505 STi, 405.

Thread Information