• Register
  • Help
Like Tree14Likes
  • 12 Post By unigabe
  • 2 Post By Commerciale

Thread: Cedric the 203 wagon has a new home

Tadpole

Default Cedric the 203 wagon has a new home

I bought Cedric a few months ago and have been fixing some minor issues with it since. On the weekend I had to go to Canberra so decided to take Cedric for its first long trip. Cruised at 90-95, except uphill, and averaged 7l/100kms for the 640km trip. No problems whatsoever except for a few squeaks and rattles. Now that it's reliable I can take it for more trips so expect to see it around.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cedric the 203 wagon has a new home-cedric.jpg  

I suspect that your beast is a U6A rather than a C5 - am I correct? If so, I'd be interested in knowing the chassis number and, if assembled by Harden and Johnston, their assembly number on the blue plate above the Peugeot one. You could send the numbers to me by PM if privacy is a concern.

Thanks

Tony
    Mike Tippett and calgooley like this.

Good to see he is still in use. We travelled with him on the Redex Rerun and a couple of other trips.
    Glenn

Tadpole

What a nice old car. So original looking. I'm sure it will give you a lot of pleasure.

I still remember my 1954 wagon very fondly.It was bought for $100, was given a valve grind and clutch plate and then driven to Darwin in 1973. The roads then were atrocious but he made it. We sold it to 2 Canadians who were going south. I love driving my 203 sedan ,especially with the 403 motor.

Sent from my SM-T550 using aussiefrogs mobile app

Tadpole

Cedric has a 403 motor with extractors and a Weber carb so hums along quite nicely. I'm planning a trip out Bourke and Broken Hill way early next year so will take him on a few shorter trips before to make sure there are no problems.

Thread Information