504 Gearbox mount
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 504 Gearbox mount

The 504 wagon is running very nicely but does seem to have a bit of engine wobble when it is idling, I climbed under the other day and jamed the big screw driver up betwwen the body and the gear box, without exerting to much effort I could induce quite a bit of movement around the rear mount, should there be play at this point and if so how much is to much ?The two front mounts look almost new I would summise that they were replaced not long before I purchased the vehicle. The next question, if it does need replacing, would be availability of the required part? If I go to the trouble of replacing it I would prefer to do so with a new part not a second hand one. regards cane toad.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

if its the rear gearbox mount then u will notice a "knocking" when going over bumps, especially when crossing speed bumps. i replaced this part about a 18months ago with a second hand part and the knocking is slowly starting again. its a progressive thing.. starts soft and slowly increases to quite a large knock when u initiate and remove the throttle. a friend of mine replaced his with a new part about 8 months ago, from memory i believe it was about $120.
    63' 403 Sedan, Cream (OMY-403)
    63' 403 Sedan, Blue

Fellow Frogger!

Yes that sounds like the one Timmy haven't noticed any knocking but I am sure it would run a bit smoother with a new rear mount If the front 2 have been replaced it would seem ressonable to assume that the rear might benifit from the same treatment I am definatley going to look for a new one. For the sake of saving a few bob on a part it might need doing again in a reasonably short time. False economy in my opinion, Thanks for the reply. regards. cane toad

Fellow Frogger!

just call your local peugeot dealer, they can order u the new mount

Tim
    63' 403 Sedan, Cream (OMY-403)
    63' 403 Sedan, Blue

Thread Information