Enabling 308 Door Sill lights
  • Register
  • Help

Default Enabling 308 Door Sill lights

For a multitude of reasons I've had the door cards and underdash panels out lately.

I'm aware that different versions of (at least) the T7 308 did and didn't have door sill lights (the lights under the door cards that light the ground when you open the door) and underdash lights (that light up the foot wells when you open the doors).

In my meanderings I've found our 308 has the wiring in place (clipped into factory clip holders behind the door cards and taped into other wiring under the dash) but I'm buggered if I can get them to work.

The boot light is the same unit so I've clipped a proven working item into the existing wiring for the door cards and under the dash - neither light up when the doors are opened.

I've enabled 'Door Sill lighting' in the BSI - still no light.

Is there something I'm missing? When I clip the same light unit back into the boot wiring it lights up straight away so the light unit is ok.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Advertisement

Justin
    '07 Megane R26
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '09 308 XSE Touring
    '10 308 Sportium Touring

Not being triggered somehow or there's no power to the cables? A fuse or relay for the option is not in place? Some thoughts... No real idea sorry!

1000+ Posts

This is a digital bus vehicle. Do you have the decode unit fitted to or before your test light? Is there 12v power available at the light plug?

I'm thinking along the same lines. There is no specific listing of a fuse for either the door sill lights or the footwell lights.

Another thought - does it have to be dark (according to the light sensor) to switch on these lights ? I'm sure a different 308 didn't need it to be dark for these lights to come on...

Cheers

Justin
    '07 Megane R26
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '09 308 XSE Touring
    '10 308 Sportium Touring

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    This is a digital bus vehicle. Do you have the decode unit fitted to or before your test light? Is there 12v power available at the light plug?
    I've made the assumption that since the plugged in light wasn't coming on that there was no power.....could be dangerous making ass umptions I know......

I don't know of or possess a decode unit...

Cheers

Justin
    '07 Megane R26
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '09 308 XSE Touring
    '10 308 Sportium Touring

1000+ Posts

A packet goes onto the bus that is recognised by a peripheral and switches the power. My Cit gutter lights come on whenever the door is opened.

The power comes from pin 32 of the 40 way white bsi connection wire number 300 I would assume that if no power at plug they donít crimp that wire at some point.

Vehicles with the ambient lighting require a different front inte

Vehicles with the ambient lighting have a different front interior light that has the sensor in it plus I think there are some configurations that need to be changed in the BSI and the MFD ( this allows you to turn the function on/off through the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo pug View Post
    Vehicles with the ambient lighting have a different front interior light that has the sensor in it plus I think there are some configurations that need to be changed in the BSI and the MFD ( this allows you to turn the function on/off through the screen.
    Ah - so it might only be enabled with the ambient lighting setup. Yep makes sense. The car with the working door sill lights has the ambient pack - the car with the non-working door sill lights does not have the ambient pack.

I wonder if installing the different front interior light would be enough ? The ambient pack also has additional footwell lights in the front.

Like I've previously mentioned - I've definitely found config settings in the BSI for it - I'll have to check the MFD and see what's in there, and maybe change the interior light at the same time.

Thanks for all the tips.

Cheers

Justin
    '07 Megane R26
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '09 308 XSE Touring
    '10 308 Sportium Touring

Wtf are you talking about what sensor the ambience lighting and door lighting have nothing to do with another refer to my post if you have power at bsi the harness is probably different to the door the door harness is probably the same

I have been having the same thoughts exactly but was too busy with the 504.
    I'd say it is possible because my 308 didn't have fog lights but I removed the bumper and the harness was there. All I had to do is activate them via Diagbox and that's it.
    Could you please take some photos of where you found the harness, because I don't remember seeing removable clips in these areas.
    Chadi

1982 504 SR white manual sedan with A/C (257 000 Km)
    2012 308 1.6 VTi Vapor Grey manual H/B (35000 Km)
    1994 405 1.6 white manual sedan (208 000 Km)
    1992 605 SV24 (91 000 Km)
    2005 406 2.0L automatic (Replaced with a 2013 C5)
    1983 505 GR white manual sedan with A/C (170000 Km)

All since new

Quote Originally Posted by Doush_504 View Post
    I have been having the same thoughts exactly but was too busy with the 504.
    I'd say it is possible because my 308 didn't have fog lights but I removed the bumper and the harness was there. All I had to do is activate them via Diagbox and that's it.
    Could you please take some photos of where you found the harness, because I don't remember seeing removable clips in these areas.
    Car is back together now, but the door harness was attached to the underside of the opaque door pull section behind the door card at #15 below :

Enabling 308 Door Sill lights-peugeot-308-door-card.jpg

The underdash /footwell harness was sticky taped to the wiring in the glove box, in the fuse box.

Cheers

Justin
    Last edited by N5GTi6; 30th October 2017 at 01:53 PM.
    '07 Megane R26
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '09 308 XSE Touring
    '10 308 Sportium Touring

Thread Information