Peugeot 4008 Key
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Peugeot 4008 Key

Hi Guys,

I've a 2013 Peugeot 4008 that i lost the only key I have for it, to have one form Peugeot is very expansive so I'm thinking to buy a key transponder and try to program it, does anyone have a link on how to do so?

Advertisement

Thanks guys

Tadpole

If you have the confidential card and access to Peugeot Planet you should be able to do this. You will need to get the blade cut and most locksmiths will charge muchly for this, but it should still be cheaper than going to Peugeot. If you do not have the code for cutting the blade then that will be another hurdle for you.

Did you buy the car new ? Did you keep the green sticker with the key code on it ? You need this code to start with to get the key cut. Once you have a cut key you need to get the transponder coded to the car using the BSI PIN code. This is to stop people stealing cars without keys and simply getting a key cut.

Otherwise you'll have to have the car towed to a Pug dealer and get a locksmith to open it up and get new keys cut and coded through the dealer.

I've never heard of any PSA model only having one key.

Only your second post and you're asking about getting a key cut without involving the dealer ?

Cheers

Justin
    '07 Megane R26
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '09 308 XSE Touring
    '10 308 Sportium Touring

No being a 4008 it needs a different way to code than normal when you code these you need one good key to unlock the process even using diagbox there is no code for these only a key cut code that comes with car . Note coding the remote is a bitch on these as well .

Take to dealer or it'll take months to sort out

Sent from my GT-I9505 using aussiefrogs mobile app

Thread Information