206 GTI Problems??
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 206 GTI Problems??

206 GTI posible problems? I dont own one ( I have a tweeked 205 GTI)
    Is there a problem with with 206 GTI cylinder heads and what other if niggles do 206's have?

Advertisement

Graeme

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by AU-YT
    Is there a problem with with 206 GTI cylinder heads and what other if niggles do 206's have?Graeme
    Electrics ... then again over 4 miilion built ... bound to be some problems.

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Is there a problem with with 206 GTI cylinder heads and what other if niggles do 206's have?

Graeme
    Cylinder heads? Why are you specifically asking about those? I haven't encountered any cylinder head problems since owning one (2000 to present). In fact I'd go so far as to say my 206 GTi was the most bullet proof car I've ever owned - apart from the below mentioned exhaust manifold.

The current crop (2001 - onwards) have the occasional electrical glitch due to their multiplexing, but major mechanical problems are not that common.

There is a known problem with the exhaust manifold that can create a bit of a vee dub "dak dak" effect, but easily fixed with tack welding (a genuine factory-approved fix!) or replacing the manifold.

Why not check out Peugeot Logic for some more specific items. It's not a bad site.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Hi Simon
    A work friend was relating a "story" of a friend of who's car had a head gasket leak ( 206 GTI) and he was lent a spare car which developed the same problem . The problem happened twice with his own car and the second time they changed the head.
    Thats the reason
    Bit reminisent of the 504

Cheers
    Graeme

Hi Simon
    A work friend was relating a "story" of a friend of who's car had a head gasket leak ( 206 GTI) and he was lent a spare car which developed the same problem . The problem happened twice with his own car and the second time they changed the head.
    Thats the reason
    Bit reminisent of the 504
    Fair enough, although it sounds a bit odd to me. I'm not aware of anyone on our forum (206gti.net) experiencing anything like this. We are a fairly wide ranging bunch (both in the way we treat our cars and where we live) and I don't remember anything like that in our discussions. Mine was over 90k when I sold it to make way for the 180, and another member's is over the 100k mark.

The spare car that your friend was given may not have been a GTi (and so maybe a different engine altogether) - if it was he was quite lucky - but then again judging from his experience, maybe not
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Thread Information