hey I thought some people might be interested:

Advertisement

http://www.pickles.com.au/servlet/Au...17595&check=rc

Soz, the link doesnt work

Cyas Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Default aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg

i give up
    they're in the pickles search engine under 405 (obviously):

http://www.pickles.com.au/search.html

sorry for the blinding display of stupidity

Ahh, now it works! Shame about that Mi16, looked in orite condition before the stack!

Cyas Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Tadpole

Default I bought it & a message for Graham W

Hi all,
    I am new to this list, although I have made a number of postings to the Citroen forum.

I purchased this Mi16 at auction last Tues. I actually went to the auction to purchase the Citroen BX19 that was also on offer as two of my daughters each own a BX. I did in fact end up buying the BX which was to be for parts but the damage isnít to bad and it runs nicely so Iím thinking of putting it back on the road for my third daughter who doesnít yet own a car.

Back to the Mi16. I didnít intend to buy this car but I love driving the BXís and have often thought Iíd like an Mi16 and, as has been said, it was a very nice car before the accident and the price didnít seem too bad and the damage seemed to be repairable andÖ andÖ. andÖ alright I admit it I let emotion get in the way of good decision making.

I have started to strip away at the damage and most of it does seem that it will repair reasonably easily but I will be in the market for a bonnet, LHS front guard, grill, entire front radiator support panel, fan assy, both headlights, both front blinkers, radiator, air con condenser, power steering reservoir and air filter box and no doubt a bunch of little stuff that I havenít found yet. Any thoughts on where I can best (read most economically) source these parts would be appreciated.

One surprise is that where the LH engine mount bolts onto the top of the gearbox has been smashed Ė the bonnet couldnít be opened at the auction. I going to investigate if this can be rebuilt and retapped or if I have to replace the gearbox (5 spd). Any thoughts?

On a more personal note, I notice that Graham Wallis is a regular contributor and I would just like to re-assure him that despite having 3 Citroens and a pug and no Datsuns in the family Iíd still jump in a 1600 to head off around OZ J.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Gary Grealy

That BX looked a potentially good buy; did you buy it right?

As far as the Mi16 bits go; do a search in 'parts for sale' as I'm sure there's a guy from Tasmania wrecking a couple as a starting point.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Tadpole

Default I think so

Hi Alan,
    You get around, you have replied to some of my posts on Cit forum.
    Yeh, I think I bought it pretty right - $350.

It needs a couple of headlights, a RHS blinker, the front RH corner pulled out a little and a bit of work done to the front bumper.

I've taken it for a reasonable drive - I live in the country - and it drives very well. The motor goes at least a well as my daughters other 2 BX's. I'll play with it some more before determining its fate but it seems good so far.

Thanks for advise on parts search.

GG

I actually pointed Andrew Murray at that car on the Cit board as a solution to his auto problem, suggesting that it was a good starter as a donor car for an auto - manual conversion & suggested at the time that less than $500 i thought would buy it.
    Well done; that is particularly good buying. The mileage at around 146,000 klms makes it definitely a worthwhile proposition to repair or restore.
    Martin Bray at Clarendon in South Australia would possibly have the necessary bits to get it on the road. I don't know whether he handles Pugs or not but at a pinch, he may be able to advise on those bits too. He's a nice guy who is very helpful & one you can trust to deal with from interstate based on my experiences with him.
    Incidentally, check out the link on the Cit forum above to the board in the UK and the guy who has come up with a simple way of servicing BX front struts; very simple & effective.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Tadpole

Default I'll give it a try

I hadn't seen that info re struts Alan Thks for pointing it out. Both going BX's are here for mothers day. I might try it on one of them, unfortunately the one that has the more sticky struts has to leave early but I should notice a difference on the other if I do it to her. I have just replaced the bleed hoses on both cars so I should be able to play with them without them cracking. Pity to waste expensive LHM though.

GG

Thread Information