206 GTi HDi110
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 206 GTi HDi110

Default 206 GTi HDi110

Yes, it's official.

Peugeot is now launching the 206 GTi HDi 110. (personally I think they should put in the HDi 135 - pretty much the same power, but mountains more torque). Although, perhaps they had trouble fitting in the 6sp gearbox.

The 2.0 HDi 135 could well be Peugeot's best engine in the current range, certainly from all reports I'm getting about the engine, not just in Peugeot applications They just need to put a bit more effort back into those plain old petrol engines now!

Courtesy of the UK's What Car?

Diesel power for Peugeot GTi
    28 April 2004 Peugeot is to launch its first-ever diesel GTi. Powered by a new 1.6-litre turbodiesel engine, the 206 GTi HDi 110 will reach showrooms in mid-May.

Available only as a three-door hatchback, it joins the two existing petrol 206 GTis, and at £13,770 it costs the same as the 137bhp version.

Developing 110bhp, the diesel GTi is not as fast as its petrol-powered brothers, hitting 60mph in 9.8sec, but its 180lb ft of torque gives it the strongest pull of any 206. Thereís also an overboost facility to give an extra surge of torque for a brief burst of stronger acceleration.

Nevertheless, it returns almost 60mpg on the combined cycle, more than 20mpg better than the 137bhp petrol GTi. Because it meets Euro IV emissions standards and puts out just 126g/km of CO2, the diesel GTi sits in the lowest 15% company car tax band.

The specification of the new diesel version is identical to the 137bhp petrolís, so it shares the same body kit and alloy wheels, while the cabin has sports seats and aluminium detailing.

Standard equipment includes anti-lock brakes with stability control and electronic brake assist, and twin front, side and curtain airbags. Electric front windows and mirrors, climate control, a five-CD multichanger and automatic headlights and wipers are also standard.

Advertisement

There are no plans to make the new engine available in any other 206 models, but it will reach the 307 range later in May, to replace the existing 2.0 HDi 90 engine.

http://www.whatcar.com/News_Article.asp?NA_ID=207896

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Awesome!

It was only a matter of time I guess.

Geez if that model was going to be released in Aus any time in the near future I would definately reconsider my next purchase.

XTC

GTi HDi ??? isn't that an oxymoron ?

Good on em .. but putting a GTi badge on it is stretching it a bit don't you think ?

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    GTi HDi ??? isn't that an oxymoron ?
    Hey, it rhymes

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Good on em .. but putting a GTi badge on it is stretching it a bit don't you think ?
    Just a little It's the same power output as the 1.6 16V S16 though.

As I said, I think for it to be a true GTi, it needs to be the 2.0 HDi 135. Basically the same power, but up to 79% more torque*

I suspect the powertrain wouldn't fit though, unless they put a 5sp manual on it.

* with overboost, otherwise 68% more torque

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Brenno, you're terrible!
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

I know!

Can't help it though. Like a kid in a toystore, I am. With no money either

nJm

It isn't the first time they've had a sporty diesel. There was the 306 D-Turbo. It looked just like the 306 S16/Gti but had the diesel donk under the bonnet.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nJm
    It isn't the first time they've had a sporty diesel. There was the 306 D-Turbo. It looked just like the 306 S16/Gti but had the diesel donk under the bonnet.
    I met a guy with one of those in Northern Ireland. He lived in Belfast and was out for a burn He asked ME for directions so I got talking to him about the car. Looked just like my car, but with the HDi engine in it. I noticed the HDi badge on it and thought hmmm I wouldn't mind one of those.

Brenno you're worse than terrible

Derek

I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love diesels, and the idea of a hot diesel with 60 mpg is heaven!
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Thread Information