• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mandc

Thread: Diagbox pp2000 driving me mad.

UNM
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Diagbox pp2000 driving me mad.

I have a lexia cable set and diagbox/pp2000 s/w that I bought years back from eBay. I used it a few times on my 206GTi, but it has been sitting in the garage unused until today when I tried to diagnose issues with my daughters 2002 307 1.6 auto.

The WinXP netbook I run it on is not that great, but does work (slowly).
    Diagbox version 7.02, pp2000 shows as 600.49.
    the Lexia interface shows as serial 921815 C/

I have a 7 digit DAM - '0916389'
    When I start the program, it wants me to identify the vehicle type. I have a choice of 307VAN or 307CAN.
    If I enter 307CAN, it wants me to enter the VIN and then doesn't seem to talk to the ECU.
    If I enter 307VAN, it then asks for the DAM and fails to talk to most of the ECUs, but can connect to the engine and transmission ECU. Error is 'The ECU has not replied'
    I have tried entering the DAM as '09163' and '91638' neither work.

It seems others have had this issue, but there is no clear answer - sometimes an old version lexia interface is blamed, sometimes the thread just dies. If anyone can confirm that I am entering the DAM correctly and whether diagbox 7.02 should work with a 2002 307 it would be good. I can upgrade to newer software, but would prefer not to unless it is really necessary.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Try just using 0000 as the dam, my 206 doesn't have a sticker with the DAM, and I watched a Peugeot dealer do that once, so it's what I do as well.

My first lexia didn't work on the 206, no matter what the settings I used, the second one I bought works well.
    206 GTi 180 - '804 Cat Cams, Jenvey DBW 48mm ITB's, Emtron KV8 ECU, HP Electronik PDM, AIM MXS Dash, Custom Wiring Harness. AST Camber Tops & Coilovers, -2deg camber hubs by Frogstomp Racing, 24mm Torsion Bars, AP Racing brakes, PeugeotSport Baffled Sump, Oil cooler, Quaife LSD, E85.

Sandown - 1:31.5
    Winton - 1:40.2
    Wakefield - 1:13.5
    Phillip Island - 1:55.9
    Nürburgring - 10:23.ish (Fiesta ST)

Previously, 2x 504 Wagon, 505 Wagon, 505 STi, 405.

UNM
    Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by speaksgeek View Post

My first lexia didn't work on the 206, no matter what the settings I used, the second one I bought works well.
    Did you try the first one on other vehicles?

Fellow Frogger!

No, didn't get a chance.
    I read there are some with firmware that doesn't support 206 and 307 properly.
    206 GTi 180 - '804 Cat Cams, Jenvey DBW 48mm ITB's, Emtron KV8 ECU, HP Electronik PDM, AIM MXS Dash, Custom Wiring Harness. AST Camber Tops & Coilovers, -2deg camber hubs by Frogstomp Racing, 24mm Torsion Bars, AP Racing brakes, PeugeotSport Baffled Sump, Oil cooler, Quaife LSD, E85.

Sandown - 1:31.5
    Winton - 1:40.2
    Wakefield - 1:13.5
    Phillip Island - 1:55.9
    Nürburgring - 10:23.ish (Fiesta ST)

Previously, 2x 504 Wagon, 505 Wagon, 505 STi, 405.

UNM
    Fellow Frogger!

Thanks speaksgeek. Yeah, I have read about issues with 307, but also read that this doesn't apply if you have version C along with right diagbox (and mine seems to be a good version). Nobody seems to be able to give a clear answer and a lot of people just give up posting on their threads after a while so it is hard to know if they ever get it working. There are a lot of different factors and the s/w is clearly not that reliable (many different versions suggest a lot of fixes and enhancements).

Good news is I fixed the overheating problem, but I'll keep tinkering - next step will be to upgrade the diagbox s/w and try again next time daughter lets me near her car.

UNM
    Fellow Frogger!

I am back to tinkering with diagbox again.

Tried to upgrade my software from 7.02 yesterday and this morning.
    I have a whole set of files, and instructions on how to upgrade, using multiple steps from 7.02 to 7.57.

Failed at the first hurdle unfortunately.
    I ran the file Diagbox Update V7.02 to V7.06
    It seemed to install and restarted the machine. The diagbox software still claims to be V7.02 though.
    Anyone know what I did wrong, or where I can download a file that does the upgrade in a single step (download.qclt.com doesn't exist any more)?

The machine I am using for diags is an old netbook running WinXP.

Tried this myself today. I think you have to do each update separately..it's really a slow procedure. Make sure diagbox is closed...do update then restart...open diagbox and it should start the 'internet update' (even though you have the internet disabled). It should then restart as the updated diagbox. Then repeat this for each update. That part worked fine and I eventually got to 7.82.
    I have one file that goes from 7.xx to 7.57 (the original install was 7.02 with my download)

It took me about 3 hours all up and at the end it still would not connect and was locking up, as well as being in French. Now about to do it all again on a XP laptop (was on win 7 32bit) to see if that makes it friendlier
    Last edited by mandc; 7th January 2018 at 05:03 PM.

UNM
    Fellow Frogger!

I tried as you did but the version number did not change.
    I have tracked down a 7.XX to 7.44 update on the disc that came with my cable. Will give that a go.

Did you copy the appdiag.sys file from 7.02 before upgrading?

Quote Originally Posted by UNM View Post
    I tried as you did but the version number did not change.
    I have tracked down a 7.XX to 7.44 update on the disc that came with my cable. Will give that a go.

Did you copy the appdiag.sys file from 7.02 before upgrading?
    No I didn't..maybe that's why mine did not go so well...I'll remember that when I reinstall..Thanks

UNM
    Fellow Frogger!

I completed the initial 7.xx to 7.44 install and it gave an error (02 I think). I put back the original appdiag.sys and on the next start of diagbox it told me it was 'installing internet update. please wait'. Been waiting nearly an hour and the blue progress bar is sitting stationary as if complete. Will leave it for a while as the netbook is slow and it might be waiting on multiple net timeouts.

UNM
    Fellow Frogger!

the 7.44 upgrade finally completed.
    It seems less than stable as it sometimes gives an error, sometimes starts OK.

I still cannot get it working properly with the 2002 307 1.6l petrol.
    It talks to the engine, ABS and Auto ECUs, but not to any of the others, just get 'The ECU has not replied', which has been the problem since I first used it.
    I used to have a 206GTi and it worked fine with that.
    I shall continue updating the software as I have updates to take it to V7.61. Perhaps one of the newer versions will work better.

According to the PSA interface checker, my lexia is:
    "APPLI_XS_Fuji_P106138A V4.3.2 @ACTIA 03.01.14"
    Reference: "921815 C/"

AFAIK that is good enough to work with 307's

UNM,

where are you located? I have PP2000 running under a virtual machine and it's working well with my 2005 307 - I'm near Newcastle and might be able to help.

Ewan

Could be any number of issues. Have a look at the following link which shows the changeover of OBDII protocols in use around that time :

1.6 Petrol certainly changed.

Peugeot OBD II diagnostic connector pinout diagram @ pinoutguide.com

Cheers

Justin
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

UNM
    Fellow Frogger!

I am in Melbourne - outer East. I am pretty much certain the car is fine and it is an issue with my pp2000 or the cable pinout.
    If anyone has a clean install CD, I'd happily pay for a copy to be cut/sent to me just to eliminate the software as a possible failure point.

Or a pointer to a download site for a relatively recent diagbox that is compatible with my cable set.

So dukbilt1 - are you also called Ewan? Not many of us around.

As I've been flat out this week I haven't yet installed the diagbox to my recently reformatted laptop that now has XP on it. Re-reading your earlier post makes me wonder if your problem is the interface hardware and maybe not the software.

I have recently purchased a connector and found 2 types on sale..the so called "Full chip" version and a cheaper one that has fewer chips in it. The full chip version is apparently needed for the 307. This is a current ad for a full chip connector that specifically mentions the 307:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/PROXIA-Lexi...-/302149231589

'Description

PP2000/LEXIA-3 Interface latest version, Full Chip REV C, works for both Citroen and Peugeot! It
    does work fine with the 307 and C4,C5.'

I know you mentioned that you have Version C hardware but I'm not sure if that automatically means it is full chip....maybe worth checking.

Last edited by mandc; 11th January 2018 at 07:57 AM.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by mandc View Post
    As I've been flat out this week I haven't yet installed the diagbox to my recently reformatted laptop that now has XP on it. Re-reading your earlier post makes me wonder if your problem is the interface hardware and maybe not the software.

I have recently purchased a connector and found 2 types on sale..the so called "Full chip" version and a cheaper one that has fewer chips in it. The full chip version is apparently needed for the 307. This is a current ad for a full chip connector that specifically mentions the 307:

'Description

PP2000/LEXIA-3 Interface latest version, Full Chip REV C, works for both Citroen and Peugeot! It

I know you mentioned that you have Version C hardware but I'm not sure if that automatically means it is full chip....maybe worth checking.

I bought from these guys Lexia-3 Lexia3 V48 PP2000 V25 with Diagbox V7.76 the instructions for diagbox install & update mentioned to install on window 7 equipped OS I have completed install and all works great, I have full access to everything on my 508gt

Finally got it to partially talk to the 406 today..still no connection to the engine ecu but was able to remove some error codes from the electric seats/ exterior mirrors and the a/c ecu with the global test. Oh well...It's a start.

UNM
    Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by mandc View Post

'Description

I opened up my Lexia and U5, U6, U7, U9 chips seem to be missing on mine. Look like optocouplers to me (not that I am an expert).

You might be right about the cable being the problem.
    Can anyone with more knowledge comment on this?

I've recently bought a unit and love the confusion the software(s) causes <rolleyes>
    Laptop is an ancient device running Win 7 32 Bit. The OBD/Lexia/Diagbox supplier recommended Win 7 32 Bit but I'd love to try our much newer Win 10 laptop. It's supposedly a 'full chip' interface.

I don't get the overall 'architecture' Lexia - Diagbox - PP2000/Diagtool so am experimenting.

I tried version 7.02 for a while but could 'see' very little on my 2002 Pug 406 ('R') using PP2000 or Diagtool.
    Anyhow, updated to 7.57 (so far) as the supplier said 7.02 & 7.57 are the most reliable. I have upgrades to 7.82 but don't want to do pointless updates to unstable versions.
    7.57 allowed me to 'see' much more via PP2000 (Diagtool still useless I think).
    Tried one or two changes tonight (locking doors & closing windows via 3 sec hold-down on Fob) but it's somehow stopped the external indicator lights from flashing during lock/unlock, nothing else!
    I'll keep playing and see what more damage I can do....

Worrying thing is PP2000 says there's a fault (engine CPU) with one valve timing unit (de-phaser, I think). As well as both cat converters, but that was already known. PS does removing the cats improve performance? How are they removed? Is it legal (assume not)??

PS what is the DAM number? I used 12345 (imaginative superstar..) and it seems to work but maybe it could be better? I can only enter 5 digits max.
    Last edited by New2Pugs; 26th January 2018 at 12:12 AM.

DAM number is the day of manufacture.

On my car it is on the left front strut under the paint code....it is made up of 4 numbers plus 2 for the place of manufacture ...you ignore the last two letters/numbers for pp2000. I think later models had it on the door sticker that also has your tyre info.

Later models (around 2004) had 5 numbers (when they got to 9999). My DAM is 7865U5. 7865 means 22nd may 1998 and U5 means it was built at pininfarina Italy
    New2Pugs likes this.

Thread Information