NEW PEUGEOT 3008 released
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default NEW PEUGEOT 3008 released

Hi!
    Does anyone have any 2017/18 technical data on the current petrol engine offered in the new 3008. It is this engine in all cars except the top of the line 3008GT, where the diesel is available as an option.

121kW THP S&S

Offered with the EAT6 6-speed automatic gearbox, the 121kW THP turbo petrol engine* boasts a high level of torque (240 Nm @ 1400 rpm) including in lower gears. It combines dynamism and flexibility. Its 121kW of power offers impressive acceleration. This Euro 6-compliant engine excels in terms of performance and driving pleasure, as well as lowering fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.

Advertisement

I know this 1.6 litre petrol 4 cylinder engine is now an all Peugeot manufactured engine and that diesels are becoming less popular. It seem to be the only choice at the moment as the 3008GT is $55K, and the base model is $40K approx on the road.
    Last edited by halfamill; 2nd August 2017 at 01:11 PM.

1000+ Posts

There's information on Euro sites. Change 121 kW to 165 ch. eg Fiche technique PEUGEOT 3008 ii 1.6 thp 165 s^s allure eat6 2017 - La Centrale

It's the update of the EP6 THP engine, mated to a full torque converter auto from Aisin Seiki, apparently developed from the AM6. The THP engine family has a remarkable spread of torque.

EDIT: Some data is here: http://citrotemp.cricou.net/EP/MOTEU...BO%20EURO6.pdf

EDIT2: More http://www.peugeot-citroen-moteurs.f...e_publique.pdf
    Last edited by seasink; 2nd August 2017 at 01:47 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Mercy Beaucoup seasick! It seems to be the EP6FDT in Euro 6 format is matched to the AT6111 automatic transmission. They mention 79% of the original Euro 5 engine is new revised; 18% better fuel consumption; New 200 bar BOSCH injection system including new single to triple injection and different spray pattern injectors with a new mono piston HP pump; The pistons has a graphite coating; Variable flow boost pump in the fuel tank; Inlet cam phaser, EP6FDTX control computer mentions "Valvetronic" or variable lift for inlet; further revision of the oil breather system for the EP6FDT; water cooled Twin scroll turbo on shut down; reinforced Start/Stop system including flywheel ungraded. There are some interesting plumbing changes to various emissions systems and some strange new items in the inlet track. The engine control computer has anti-tamper tuning alarm. Peugeot Australia should release this 'Citroen Moteur EP6 Turbo Euro 6' pdf document for the EP6FDT in English to inform potential owners and maintainers of the extent of changes?
    Today I looked at a 2017 308 1.6 litre but it was the same as the opposite 1.2 litre so I guess the windscreen label was wrong because the picture in what you have sent still resembles the previous basic 1.6 four cylinder.
    P.S. The Australian 3008 has the 121Kw version engine which is a EP6FTD having a single inlet cam phaser and no stop/start function for Australia, seems Australia deleted the stop start function from my observation.(EP6 FTDX is the 200hp engine as used in the 2018 308Gti with two cam phasers etc.) I drove the 3008 Allure yesterday and was very impressed. Now to find the color and spec! Love the driver's instruments, controls and very light steering and brake pedal action.
    Last edited by halfamill; 25th September 2017 at 09:24 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

I inspected a couple of new 3008s on static display at the local Peugeot agent and that drivers seat is something amazing to sit in. Like spaceage! Now to see what it looks like from the driver's seat when the instruments are powered up. The petrol engine (121kW 1.6 THP EAT6) has been highly reworked (79% reworked from the previous Euro 5) and could now be a winner. It is certainly a whole new generation of driving from the driver's seat. Very nice!

Fellow Frogger!

It really does look good only drawback is the pricing app $44 to app $55. Only the GT comes with diesel. Hope to drive one tomorrow.

Fellow Frogger!

The basic new 3008 is $39,990 on the road here in NSW, and has all I need for urban and interstate use! It is quiet a step to the Diesel at $55,000 in GT spec only. It is very impressive.

Fellow Frogger!

Just to complete this thread, and I would extend my thanks to the Aussie Frogs and especially thank "seasick" for his technical support, I have just place the deposit for the new Peugeot 3008 GT line with power tailgate so far. Une belle voiture! I saw another couple being ordered at the same time? Keeping the 307Hdi for the time being until the boys get their Drivers licence.

Thread Information