Original condition early 203's ?
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By DeeCee
  • 1 Post By Dano
  • 2 Post By Commerciale

Thread: Original condition early 203's ?

Default Original condition early 203's ?

Within the Aussiefrogs family, are there any owners of genuine original condition early 203's. I'm talking one piece sumps, small rear windscreen and roof gutters that run down to the top corners of the boot lid etc... Not sure what year they went up to.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Dan, Bob Nelson is one such lucky person with (I think) two although one is not completely original and is currently for sale at a very affordable price with RWC and all.
    The second one is completely original , especially inside with V.G. leather, cloth headtrim in good condition etc, etc.It is a 1948 with that style running until 1954 when the 203C was introduced.
    Going to start your own club for real "Oldies" are you?

Once and future owner, me (insh'allah) however - DeeCee, I must quibble with " ...1948 with that style running until 1954 when the 203C was introduced..."
    Original condition early 203's ?-1p05.jpgOriginal condition early 203's ?-1p06.jpgOriginal condition early 203's ?-1p07.jpgOriginal condition early 203's ?-1p08.jpgOriginal condition early 203's ?-1p09.jpgOriginal condition early 203's ?-1p10.jpg
    'Mine' last seen on face-book (thanks to Double Chevron) for sale Daylesford way.
    Hoping PCCV members saved the hoard, I'ld love to find out if both SY 624 and TO 873 are okay ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Original condition early 203's ?-1p12.jpg  
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

Fellow Frogger!

Ah, fnqvmuch I bow to your superior knowledge.....Wrong again. Looks like 1952 not 4? Another case of my enthusiasm running away with me? However, I consulted two different workshop manuals, a couple of magazines (and my horoscope!) With all those gradual changes you so wonderfully illustrated it's hard to know what was new when....if you know what I mean. My beloved Poubelle is actually a 203 ABC..........1956 203C with 403 B motor and box and quarter vent windows removed and replaced with one piece "A" side windows. I've always believed the vents spoiled the profile. Besides......It's mine and I'll play with it how I wanna! I did keep all the bits though in case my grandkids want it back to original!
    About time you bit the bullet and got rid of that "future" don't you think? Time to join the clever people and try and stem this tide of 205's preferred by the kiddies. Couple of very affordable 203 C's on the market pond side at the moment. One panel van / one sedan..........talk to Bob Nelson in Korumburra.
    Dano likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

PS: However...... "FIN Juin 1954 with BV C2 @ Chassis number 1700 001" would tend to indicate I wasn't too far off the mark?
    Cheers mate. Dee Cee

Hi there
    ,as you will see from the attachments you have shown , they are in french,, so the ones in australia, are usually at least a year behind, so 49 model french number was probably received in 1950/51 here in australia, hence the confusion with years??
    cheers bob

Sir, knowledge-wise i won't have superiority, just such self-indulgence as to have that to hand.
    I applaud your deletion of vents and would do the same (waistline brightwork too ) had wondered if some commercial models might have lagged on the change, but can't be sure.
    Using the same bit of glass all round appeals to me ... i once thought the small flat rear was the same, inverted, as the long roof's tailgate ... it isn't.
    regards, Steven
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

Well you learn something new everyday, thanks Dee Cee. I didn't know the earlier models had single piece glass in the front doors. You are right, they do look sleeker without the quarter vent.
    DeeCee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.nelson2 View Post
    Hi there
    ,as you will see from the attachments you have shown , they are in french,, so the ones in australia, are usually at least a year behind, so 49 model french number was probably received in 1950/51 here in australia, hence the confusion with years??
    cheers bob
    Not that much delay. For example, the assembly kit for my wagon is of the style introduced in June 1954 the the finished item was delivered in August 1954. What may cause some confusion is the Peugeot production cycle which commences in September each year. While the rest of France is on summer holidays in August the factory retools for running changes. Hence, the first large shipments of 203s to Australia were 1950 models, production commencing in September 1949. I understand that we only got a few of the 1949 models with external boot lid handles and front seat grab handles as tasters.
    Dano and DeeCee like this.

Thread Information