205 GTi Pagid Break Pads
  • Register
  • Help

Icon13 205 GTi Pagid Break Pads

Some time in the past I was asking about a particular problem with my 205.
    I could not get the frrount breaks to lock and under emergency situations they just turned to wood. Dont get me wrong they were great feeling initially and had a confidence inspiring initial bite. After that the wood set in and there was no futher reduction in the rate of retardation.
    I did a lot of head scratching checking testing measuring and blaming the rear disk break conversion and the Lucas valve. May be the booster my be the break lines . I put new lines in the frount Improvement yes but still no good.
    A good friend sujested the pads Naw I thought They are Pagid should be great stuff. After all I put them in and bedded them as per instruction.
    Well I am here to tell you there crap. I put a brand new set of Valeos in problem sorted. granted the initial feel is not as good but they are more progresive accross the range and they will lock.

Advertisement

sounds like glazed pads/rotors.

Pagid makes more than one type of the pad. Did you try to talk to Pagid reps about the problem?
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

Default Pagid pads

I bought the pads from a Pagid importer. There was no sign of either pad or disk glazing. I bought the std Pagid replacement pads nothing trick.

HEY,

You will find that peugeot make great original equipment. If you stick with the original parts they should never let you down like these replacement pads have. May I ask which ones where more expensive?

Cheers nick

I had blue Pagids with 40 slot rotors for the last two meetings (I've since upgraded). After warming up they were fantastic. Adrian Wuillemin had black Pagids on his 205 (purchased recently by Cam85). I thought they were a fantastic street pad.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information