Looking for an auto electrician in Melbourne
  • Register
  • Help
    dbc

Default Looking for an auto electrician in Melbourne

Can anyone suggest a good auto electrician in Melbourne with a knowledge of Peugeot. My 405 has a few electrical problems - some minor, like the LCD clock does not illuminate, and some more urgent, like when I have the headlights on and put the indicators on, the brake light flashes! This could be a major problem, or it could be simple like a wire or wires not properly earthed. Not knowing much about auto electrics I don't want to be taken for a ride.
    I need an auto electrician who is reliable and trustworthy. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
    1969 16TS
    1995 405 SRI

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Nah,

these are very simply problems, I'm sure we can guide you through fixing them.

LCD clock light, I don't have a 405 so I can't describe how to whip it out (if it's the same plastic as my BX you can probably reach through the holes broken in the dash ). It's a simple 50cent globe that you need to replace. It could possibly even just be a dirty connection, if so just wiggling the globe in it's holder should bring it good again.

The rear lights sound like a simple earth point problem. If you drop the light clusters down you'll probably find a bolt with wires to it on the cars body (someone will give you the exact location). Simply clean this wire, and tidy up the connection to the body.

Give it a bash, after all, nothing lost if you can't fix it, but many $$$$ saved if you do

seeya
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Oui Oui.
    In fact if you don't have a go at fixing the rear earth problem I will be disappointed. It's easy. Make sure the earth is clean, all the connections are clean and rust free and tight, and give it a bit of vaseline to go on with (if you can spare it).
    Make sure water is not getting in either.

Fellow Frogger!

On my girlfriends 405 these probs didn't go away until I put in an extra earth wire from the taillight assembly earth plate to a good earth on the body which is just another way of doing it.

dbc

Quote Originally Posted by Warwick
    Oui Oui.
    In fact if you don't have a go at fixing the rear earth problem I will be disappointed. It's easy. Make sure the earth is clean, all the connections are clean and rust free and tight, and give it a bit of vaseline to go on with (if you can spare it).
    Make sure water is not getting in either.
    Thanks for the advice Warwick, I will have a go at fixing it myself so that I don't disappoint you and fellow AF-ers. I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'use a bit of vaseline, if I can spare it'. I can't imagine I would have to apply much vaseline to the connectors. Or do I sound like the type of person who would have another, greater need for that particular petroleum-based product.
    1969 16TS
    1995 405 SRI

Thread Information