205 GTi in CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY VANILLA movie
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ng850

Thread: 205 GTi in CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY VANILLA movie

Fellow Frogger!

Default 205 GTi in CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY VANILLA movie

Hi, a Dutch 205 friend tripped over a picture of a Melbourne based 205 GTi that featured in the independent film CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY VANILLA. Chocolate Strawberry Vanilla

205 GTi in CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY VANILLA movie-lobby-raw-8.jpg

From Vicroads it appears this car has fallen off the registration system in 2014 which I think means it has been transferred to Club Permit or interstate or Simsmetal.

Advertisement

Any AFers own this Series 2 GTi? (VIN is VF320CDF201693396)

Cheers

griffo

Dont know the car but the film looks wierd on the trailer lol

1990 Renault 5 GT turbo
    ####current rides####
    1994 205 gti 1.9 sorento green
    1988 205 gti 1.9 uk import grey
    2001 clio 172 sport ph1 #44/85
    1998 306 gti6. Blaze yellow
    1992 Honda Fireblade
    2013 Yamaha fzs sho Jetski
    1998 Supra RZ twin turbo white
    1999 Wrx classic gc8 sonic blue

Griff isn't that you in the drivers seat?
    S3 205 GTI x 4
    2013 Fiesta ST
    MK6 GTI Edition 35

Previous: 1988 205 GTI Mi16 Turbo, Mk1Golf, MkV GTI , RCS 172 x2 , 306 S16, VW Bora V6 4motion

Fellow Frogger!

Nah, I'm the one in the red dress... silly boy. I don't usually slum it with Series 2 owners ;-)
    Isis likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

I don't believe I heard about this movie until mentioned above. Has anyone seen this movie, 'Chocolate Strawberry Vanilla'? I watch some highly supportive reviews but I'm not sure if it will cause mental health issues or put me off ice cream? If the movie hits the big time O/S, I guess the little Peugeot will be worth collecting? Bit like the missing Steve McQueen's Bullitt Mustang stunt car (1968 car chase movie) which turned up in Mexico this year and is now worth a $Million+ after being listed as scrapped after the movie due to extensive damage.

I like your man maths but I am not sure the 205 will ever be seen as an alpha male movie car. Mind you the Italian Job seemed to work for minis.
    S3 205 GTI x 4
    2013 Fiesta ST
    MK6 GTI Edition 35

Previous: 1988 205 GTI Mi16 Turbo, Mk1Golf, MkV GTI , RCS 172 x2 , 306 S16, VW Bora V6 4motion

... And, in case you hadn't noticed a few people seem to think they are already worth collecting, try buying a good one right now.
    S3 205 GTI x 4
    2013 Fiesta ST
    MK6 GTI Edition 35

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    ... And, in case you hadn't noticed a few people seem to think they are already worth collecting, try buying a good one right now.
    I know, right?

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs
    2000 306 GTi6 China Blue

1998 306 Style Dragoon Blue (Workhorse 220,000K's)

Quote Originally Posted by halfamill View Post
    Bit like the missing Steve McQueen's Bullitt Mustang stunt car (1968 car chase movie) which turned up in Mexico this year and is now worth a $Million+ after being listed as scrapped after the movie due to extensive damage.
    So they reckon they've found the car used for the stunts, as opposed to the one used for close ups?

Fellow Frogger!

Yes, the Bullitt Mustang stunt car (shell) has been verified by the Ford Mustang expert and is in the process of being rebuilt with the aid of Ford USA. There are some sad photos of it in the junk yard and the whole story is on the internet. It was worth more as an untouched rusted wreaked shell than the already party restored shell that was inspected. It was quickly return to California after it was verified. It is the stunt car the one that does the hard yards, jumps etc and the sliding crash at the end of the car chase. Still has the movie mounting mods for the lighting equipment and cameras etc. The Peugeot Museum also has collected a number of movie cars from euro movies. JB has this 'Chocolate Strawberry and Vanilla' DVD for about $6! Maybe it didn't get into the big time!

I suppose that's the big question - do you leave it as is, which is a rusty moth eaten mess with probably no mechanicals or do you restore it, keeping as much as possible of whatever is left? Judging by the pics it was really too far gone to be anything but curiosity value.

Fellow Frogger!

The turret and floor wells had already been changed and the Mustang was a rolling chassis painted in Highland green with the five spoke mag wheels when inspected. The car was already being rebuilt as a GT500 when they checked the VIN and found it was the missing Bullitt stunt car. Of course being in Mexico, no States person would trust what they said until it was handed over to the experts for inspection. I believe they want to complete the rebuild of this car for the 50th anniversary of the Bullitt movie in 2018. Also Ford may (read will likely) release a new 2018 Mustang 'Bullitt' version, pictures already leaked. There could be three of the original Bullitt movie cars at the party, including a Dodge R/T 440 Charger which 'may' probably been one of the real surviving cars also.
    If this Dutch person recommended the Chocolate Strawberry Vanilla movie because of the Peugeot 205Gti then the movie is known in Europe. Maybe Peugeot has purchased the 205Gti already for the Museum? I remember the 205Gti when working in Melbourne, it was not turbocharged so the young guys could drive one on Ls or Ps and it went like a rocket. A 205T16 would be great to drive! Oh! I just bought the movie at JB! Now to find the courage to watch it!

Fellow Frogger!

No, I think he just tripped over the image and knew I lived in Victoria.

I also note the rego number is reasonably recent (Series 2 is probably a 'D' or 'E' reg here) so it might have originally been from interstate or perhaps it had custom plates prior.

The movie probably did the rounds of the Indi festivals before coming out on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by halfamill View Post
    If this Dutch person recommended the Chocolate Strawberry Vanilla movie because of the Peugeot 205Gti then the movie is known in Europe. Maybe Peugeot has purchased the 205Gti already for the Museum? I remember the 205Gti when working in Melbourne, it was not turbocharged so the young guys could drive one on Ls or Ps and it went like a rocket. A 205T16 would be great to drive! Oh! I just bought the movie at JB! Now to find the courage to watch it!
    Last edited by ng850; 25th May 2017 at 02:26 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

I watched Brad Pitt's "Fury" to see the last operational Tiger Tank and walked out shocked and stunned. I have just watched Chocolate Strawberry Vanilla for the Peugeot 205 Gti and I needed some amortisseurs at the finish. It is a very good artistic portrait of a very sad lonely man which is not uncommon in Footscray area or any backward urban environment. I lived at Sunshine for a while and it was not a happy place. The warning of MA 15+ fits the movie. The Peugeot 205Gti is not going to be a cult movie star with that limited screen exposure e.g very minor background part.

I don't remember Sunshine ever being described as a happy place.

Thread Information