Front right noise 205gti
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Front right noise 205gti

G'day,

I suspect this question will be difficult to answer because you'd need to look at the car to work it out but i'm interested in possible theories...

Whenever i start up my s2 89 205gti a deep, disturbing vibrating noise eminates from the right hand side of the engine bay, it is increased by pumping the gas, and decreases in intensity as the car warms up. In addition when idling, the engine creeps up and down, not enough to change the tacho but enough to cause the oil pressure guage to dance around, sometimes revving so low it sounds as though it may cut out, yet never does.

The engine has been reconditioned 1500km's ago, (when i bought the car) the car regularly serviced, having done 150 000km's in total.

Basically is this anything to worry about. How smooth do other 205's idle? And is there any of this 'knocking' on start up?

Advertisement

Advice appreciated.
    Paranoid after pouring so much cash into my last car, an old rx7.

Thanks,
    Mark

Fellow Frogger!

Mmm.. bit hard to guess what the problem is and probably best to go and get it checked out at a Pug mechanic, someone who knows 205's. At a guess it may be an engine mount knocking, you said your engine was recon recently, it may have worked loose or not been tightened up properly, have look through the engine bay and check the mounts and look for any other obvious signs. 205's always idle a bit rough due to the cam being a lumpy one, as regard for oil pressure, what oil are you running it might be too thin and casuing the oil pressure to go funny or the oil pressure gauge might be faulty, 205's require a bit of TLC, but properly looked after there an absolute hoot hang in there once sorted go out for a long drive on a twisty road and you will feel better, I always do!!
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Tadpole

Thanks for your reply.

I have a good pug mechanic who will be looking at the car, just thought it might be good to have some theories to discuss with him. I suspect it might be a mounting issue. Have to check out the oil situation. Rest assurred there is no need to hang in there, i love the car more than my girlfriend.

Mark

need any help with the girlfriend??

Thread Information