Peugeot 2006 307 Diesel Wagon
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Peugeot 2006 307 Diesel Wagon

Hello. I am considering purchasing a Peugeot 2006 307 Diesel Wagon from a small euro vehicle dealer in Perth with a really good reputation. It has 200+ km on the clock but otherwise checks out. I am wondering if I should get an additional pre-purchase check, or whether the dealer pre-purchase service and check is enough?

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Only you can really answer that based on how confident you are about your own abilities to spot faults. If the seller is known to sell vehicles without faults (some dealers just wholesale out those with faults to dodgy small yards) then I guess that's reassuring. One thing is that around this mileage the Eolys fluid service may be due, which is quite expensive. If it's Eurocars, then they will know for sure the status of this service item.
    1991 PEUGEOT 405 Mi16

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Rather than mention specific dealer's names, I have sent a PM to you.

Cheers
    Roland

Land Rover Discovery 4
    406 Coupe D9 - Manual
    406 Sedan D8 - Manual
    307 Hdi Estate - Auto - (2007)
    307 Hdi Sedan - Auto - (2007)
    505GR Estate - Personal Import from UK 1971cc Manual (March 1986)
    405 Mi16x4 (all the parts ready to install into the LeMans body)

Tadpole

Thanks. I am pretty confident with the dealer, but the last model I owned was a 504 and things have changed a bit since then for me.. I will ask about the Eolys fluid, good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey View Post
    Only you can really answer that based on how confident you are about your own abilities to spot faults. If the seller is known to sell vehicles without faults (some dealers just wholesale out those with faults to dodgy small yards) then I guess that's reassuring. One thing is that around this mileage the Eolys fluid service may be due, which is quite expensive. If it's Eurocars, then they will know for sure the status of this service item.

1000+ Posts

Yeah, apologies for naming Eurocars, but when I was looking for a 307 wagon they always seemed to have a few with around 200,000km done.
    1991 PEUGEOT 405 Mi16

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Fellow Frogger!

Values of most cars drop severely when they have done over 200,000 k's.Mainly in my opinion as the presumption that they are going to fall to bits shortly up the road.I think the lowest distance any of my 'Froggies
    have ever done would be 130,00 k's.a 2 y.old 504 auto.Did over 1.2 m k...Some really high 307's diesel's are available.
    So that fact should be kept in mind that some of the high k 307 Diesels are advertised at prices very close to the low k cars.

The afore mentioned car yard has an extremely long 'Froggie' reputation which is worth appreciating.I would strongly suggest checking service records + speaking to the previous owner.

Actually looking for one for a friend while I am here in Albany.

It's a good idea to look for injector problems at that age. Take it for a test drive from cold and warm it up and listen for noticeable change in engine noise or rough running.
    They SHOULD still be good, but Peugeot was fitting a lot of different injectors from different manufacturers around that time period and not all are equal, so it's a good idea to check.

Tadpole

Thanks very much.

After what I've heard of them, I wouldn't buy a 307 in a fit....especially a high mileage one. Search this site for 307 probs....it could turn into a money pit.

You have fallen into the common trap of having had an older Pug....a 504....and thinking the newer ones are just as reliable. SOME are.....but the 307 is the last one I'd buy.

Look at Carsales.com and see how many are for sale. There's a reason for this. And don't be fooled by the occasional person saying theirs did high Ks with few probs.....they are in the great minority.

Thread Information