• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cav91

Thread: Indicator relay GTI6

Default Indicator relay GTI6

Hi puglodites,
    a little more help please.
    I think the GTI6 is turning into a FORD (Fix or repair daily) No sooner do I fix one thing then something else crops up. This time its the grey relay that clicks when you indicate. Also seems to control the blower fan in the cabin and who knows what else? After turning indicators off the relay sometimes does a rapid clicking for 2 or 3 seconds... brrrrrrrtclick! Plus the relay is hot.Two questions is the relay just stuffing out or does it mean there is a problem elsewhere? I run with head lights on all the time.
    Use Dapco for a replacement relay or an autoelectrician? Are they specific to pugs?
    Thanks team.
    Indicator relay GTI6-phase3fusebox.jpg

Advertisement

My 406 did the same with the rapid clicking. Mine was the indicator stalk. Then eventually it completely failed so I couldnt use the indicators at all

Sent from my SM-G930F using aussiefrogs mobile app
    406 D8 V6 manual

Quote Originally Posted by cav91 View Post
    My 406 did the same with the rapid clicking. Mine was the indicator stalk. Then eventually it completely failed so I couldnt use the indicators at all

aussiefrogs mobile app
    My stalk has been thru that and come out the other side. Seems to work normally again. This problem presents a little differently and I wonder about the hot relay.

My thought about the hot relay was perhaps the extra use from a dieing stalk.

Sent from my SM-G930F using aussiefrogs mobile app
    dhaw likes this.
    406 D8 V6 manual

An update and the problem is solved for now. May not last. I pulled the indicator stalk and block out and sprayed the innards thru any opening I could see with Selley's Easy Glide ( makes things slide and work.) Thus far the indicators have been working and no random noises from the relay. Might have washed or moved some gunk that was creating the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dhaw View Post
    Hi puglodites,
    a little more help please.
    I think the GTI6 is turning into a FORD (Fix or repair daily) No sooner do I fix one thing then something else crops up.......snip.......
    I don't want to jinx you or anything, but keep an eye on the metal of the body work where the upper engine mount attaches, and the o-ring in the join under the dash where the heater matrix attaches......

hmmmmm...better get driving to remind yourself why you bought a '6' !

Cheers

Justin
    '07 Megane R26
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '09 308 XSE Touring
    '10 308 Sportium Touring

Thread Information