Dent Removal on 205
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By N5GTi6

Thread: Dent Removal on 205

Default Dent Removal on 205

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had success with removing small dents from the tin panels of the 205? I have a few small shallow dents on side panels and the roof (10c piece-ish size), and was thinking of getting a few PDR tools to have a go. Anybody had good results with the heat gun and dry ice method? What about the glued tabs with bridge? I don't expect it to be perfect, just a little tidy up around the place

Cheers

Advertisement

These types of business's have had great success on my cars over the years, not necessarily this company in particular :

The Original Dentbuster - Paintless Dent Removal Sydney

I've had a few dents removed from the 306 in particular in the past that came up amazingly. Dents you thought '80% result would be acceptable' came up with 100% result. Even knowing where the dent was I couldn't spot it.

Depends on the result you're after - if you don't mind a few waves and ripples bang away at it yourself, otherwise the pro's are quick and reasonably priced from my experience.

I've always removed the panel linings myself to make sure nothing was broken in the process and gone to their shop to have the work done (as opposed to having them come to your house) - this also makes the job cheaper as you remove the labour cost to the dent shop.

Cheers

Justin
    Last edited by N5GTi6; 16th March 2017 at 02:52 PM.
    CEyssens likes this.
    '07 Megane R26
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '09 308 XSE Touring
    '10 308 Sportium Touring

Try any of the guys who hail damage dent repairs. They are well practised.

Unless you know how to stretch and shrink metal, your own efforts will compound the problems and make repairs harder

Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post
    Unless you know how to stretch and shrink metal, your own efforts will compound the problems and make repairs harder
    So true.

Thread Information