WHEELS magazine SEPT 1994
  • Register
  • Help

Icon10 updated: WHEELS magazine SEPT 1994

not really sure where I should post this but I'm looking to see if anyone has a copy of the above mentioned mag. Apparently there's an article in there comparing Mazda 323 Astina V6 vs Peugeot 306 S16. It would be some interesting reading so wondering if anyone has this....

Advertisement

Considering how many people like in here I'm sure someone has this issue.
    Last edited by slick; 7th May 2004 at 12:28 AM.
    1994 306 S16 sold but not forgotten
    2004 Clio 182 current

good to here that you found it!! i just sor the thread and was thinking if i would bother hunting it down viar a friends dads brother. i think this is where the articles that my friends dad gave to me came from
    i have

the december 88 edition of CAR magizeen that features a 500mile comparison of a 205gti and a lotus esprit turbo. not allot in it most of the time and the pug shon in the twisty bits.

an article from CAR december 86 when the 130hp option first came out in europe

a comparison of a 205gti a mazda mx-3 a renult clio 1.8 16 valve and a toyota mr2 from CAR october 91

an article from CAR's top ten the section on the 205gti not sure how old but it is on the 1.6 so i gues pre 88

and an article from CAR august 86 called "Super Brats" that is a comparison between a 205gti a renult 5gt turbo and a honda crx 1.6i 16

no I didnt find the article I wanted... just the cover of the particular issue I am looking for. And it's a jpeg i found with Google, I dont have a hardcopy or even scan of what I'm after
    2004 Clio 182 current

Quote Originally Posted by amcc
    the december 88 edition of CAR magizeen that features a 500mile comparison of a 205gti and a lotus esprit turbo. not allot in it most of the time and the pug shon in the twisty bits.
    Could you please scan this article in, so we can have it under the Road Tests section of the website? Sounds like a really good comparo, especially if the pug did well against a high priced supercar.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Tadpole

I've got a copy of the article from 'Which Car' dated Oct 1995 with 5 way comparo - 306 S16, Astina V6, Seat Ibiza Gti, Barina Gsi, Suzuki Swift Gti. It was a hatch comparo that took price into consideration as well as ability. The writer gave the S16 the best review, the Astina was close second, the others....not so special. I also have a reprint of Motor July '94 - first local drive of 306 S16. Motor also featured the S16 and Gti-6 in its past blast section a year or 2 ago, I've got the mag somewhere but not sure which issue it's in.
    1995 306 S16....now has a new home.
    2003 Astra Turbo

I'd be very happy if you could provide a few scans of that article comparing the S16 with the other cehicles SA S16...

please
    2004 Clio 182 current

Quote Originally Posted by SA S16
    I've got a copy of the article from 'Which Car' dated Oct 1995 with 5 way comparo - 306 S16, Astina V6, Seat Ibiza Gti, Barina Gsi, Suzuki Swift Gti. It was a hatch comparo that took price into consideration as well as ability. The writer gave the S16 the best review, the Astina was close second, the others....not so special. I also have a reprint of Motor July '94 - first local drive of 306 S16. Motor also featured the S16 and Gti-6 in its past blast section a year or 2 ago, I've got the mag somewhere but not sure which issue it's in.
    Is that you Chris? I've actually driven the astina v6. Very nice engine and power, but handled very average in my opinion. Yeah it'd be great if you could scan it in. It'd be good to have a nice collection of articles in the review section, at present it's kinda sparse.

- 306 gti6

are you refering to your own "collection of articles" looking "sparse" ? or is there a review section on the forum that I havent yet figured out how to get to ?
    2004 Clio 182 current

Quote Originally Posted by slick
    are you refering to your own "collection of articles" looking "sparse" ? or is there a review section on the forum that I havent yet figured out how to get to ?
    There is a review section, though it's not called that. If you go to the main forum page, at the very top there is a section Reading Material, if you point on that, a Road Tests link drops down, which has articles on pugs, renaults, cits.

- 306 gti6

I have a copy of this magazine and will scan it for you once I recover it from the archives.
    2001 306 Rallye

Quote Originally Posted by dubara
    I have a copy of this magazine and will scan it for you once I recover it from the archives.
    thank you so much
    I cant wait to read it
    2004 Clio 182 current

I am also very keen to see these various s16 articles!
    FOR SALE 1995 PEUGEOT 306S16

any developments on this? - i've been away for a little while and was hoping to read this if anyone gets around to getting one of those articles scanned it would be great
    2004 Clio 182 current

Tadpole

Icon6

won't be long now, no scanner at home or work, relying on the better half to pull a dodgy. Should have it in the next couple of days. My dad had an Astina V6 for a few years, had a nice sounding motor and was quick when revved hard, but handling was only OK and NO TORQUE! Mid range torque is what I love about my S16 and other french cars I've driven. Mike.
    1995 306 S16....now has a new home.
    2003 Astra Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by jastanis
    Could you please scan this article in, so we can have it under the Road Tests section of the website? Sounds like a really good comparo, especially if the pug did well against a high priced supercar.

sorry did not realise that this thread was still going hot. if anyone is seriousely interested in getting the above mentioned articles up on aussiefrogs then they will have to provide me with a scanner in melbourne. i would be happy to go to a fello froggers house and load them up ther if anyone is that seriouse contact me at [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by amcc
    sorry did not realise that this thread was still going hot. if anyone is seriousely interested in getting the above mentioned articles up on aussiefrogs then they will have to provide me with a scanner in melbourne. i would be happy to go to a fello froggers house and load them up ther if anyone is that seriouse contact me at [email protected]
    Surely there's a 205 gti addict in Melbourne somewhere that would love to see this article (205gti vs Lotus espirit turbo and 205 does well apparently) and has a scanner...?

amcc, though if you're willing to travel all the way to someone's place to scan it in, another option, only if you don't mind of course, is to try one of the many internet cafes around, they usually have scanners etc for use.

- 306 gti6

Default 500 miles in a week

have put the article on a wedsite go to

www.geocities.com/jemus
    enjoy

thanks for that - interesting reading

I've given up on 306 S16 articles being easily available to view so I've started scouting around for old magazines on ebay - there's lots of stuff in the UK but postage to AUS is not cheap
    2004 Clio 182 current

Thread Information