205 rear bumper and valance
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 205 rear bumper and valance

Hi guys. I have a 1993 sorrento green 205 gti which requires both a front and rear bumber as well as back hatch reflector or fixed grey plastic as they are not in the best shape. Does anyone know of one as cannot stand looking at them at moment and want to get them replaced. Appreciate the feedback !! I am in Sydney NSW.

Advertisement

Hey mate. Someone's probably a reflector in a box somewhere new.
    The eBay link here has some lights, as well as some clips and other bits - it's a start. peugeot 205 reflector | eBay

or another (just sold, sorry):
    Original Peugeot 205 Gti Cti Reflective Tailgate New old stock * part 9409622200 | eBay

ebay.com.au doesn't have a lot, but in other countries anything is possible.
    B
    Last edited by Greencoupe; 28th February 2017 at 03:13 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Greencoupe View Post
    Hey mate. Someone's probably a reflector in a box somewhere new.
    The eBay link here has some lights, as well as some clips and other bits - it's a start. peugeot 205 reflector | eBay

or another (just sold, sorry):
    Original Peugeot 205 Gti Cti Reflective Tailgate New old stock * part 9409622200 | eBay

ebay.com.au doesn't have a lot, but in other countries anything is possible.
    B
    'Stella', the GTi/CTi one for sale above as you will note is the generic 'Peugeot 205' version and not the one normally used on GTi's.

Either versions are indeed rare but do come up occasionally, but often expensive.

AFAIK, it seems these panels were more common on the Series 2 (Phase 1.5) GTi's and the Series 3 (Phase 2) tended have just standard fluted panel... unless it was a Classic which had neither. Since these reflector panels were a dealer accessory, you could of course stick them on any series GTi.

My 2p worth is the standard panel probably looks better on a Sorrento Green model... ymmv.

Cheers

griffo

Quote Originally Posted by ng850 View Post
    the Series 3 (Phase 2) tended have just standard fluted panel.
    So far as I am aware, other than the Classics, all s3/phase 2 cars in Australia were fitted with the reflective panel by Peugeot Australia. Any that have the louvered panel have had them fitted afterwards - either as a result of personal taste or because it is so hard to source the correct reflective panel. I thought that was also the case for s2/phase 1.5 vehicles - ie, only the s1/phase 1 was ever sold in Australia with the louvered rear boot panel, but I stand to be corrected....

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard W View Post
    So far as I am aware, other than the Classics, all s3/phase 2 cars in Australia were fitted with the reflective panel by Peugeot Australia. Any that have the louvered panel have had them fitted afterwards - either as a result of personal taste or because it is so hard to source the correct reflective panel. I thought that was also the case for s2/phase 1.5 vehicles - ie, only the s1/phase 1 was ever sold in Australia with the louvered rear boot panel, but I stand to be corrected....
    Richard, certainly be keen to hear if that is the case either way. This was covered a little in a previous thread but I don't think there was any definitive finding on the S3 having the reflector panels as shipped from Pug Aust.

Fellow Frogger!

Duh, I've just looked more closely at the Australian spec brochures I have for the S2 & S3 GTi's and both of them have 'Rear Red Decorative Plate' as the last exterior feature mentioned.

Still be interested to hear if the S3 cars in existence confirms this.

Cheers

Tadpole

I would tend to agree and not huge fan of refletive unit either. Mine was near new until some clown decided to break mine inc bumper and plastic below while parked. If someone hears something about part availability please let me know and appreciate your assistance. Would like to keep car original as most would probably appreciate ��

Thread Information