little lights for my instrument panel on 205
  • Register
  • Help

Default little lights for my instrument panel on 205

Hi, I opened up the dash instrument panel on the weekend, to replace a globe that had burnt out, and found about half a dozen of the little bayonet caps that the globes slot into on the back of the instrument cluster missing, any idea on where in Sydney I can pick these up.. i rather replace all of the missing ones before i close up the dash..

Advertisement

much appreciated.. Delan
    Delan
    90' 205 gti

Quote Originally Posted by Delan
    Hi, I opened up the dash instrument panel on the weekend, to replace a globe that had burnt out, and found about half a dozen of the little bayonet caps that the globes slot into on the back of the instrument cluster missing, any idea on where in Sydney I can pick these up.. i rather replace all of the missing ones before i close up the dash..

much appreciated.. Delan
    That's normal. The cluster is made for multi- spec. 205's. Just make sure all the right lights work as per the manual.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

THANKS FOR THAT !!!

will have to double check which ones do belong, but I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple missing, like for fuel low light etc.. any idea on where i can pick them up ? also can I replace the globe from a place like jaycar or something ?

Cheers
    Delan
    90' 205 gti

Replacing the globe with one from Jaycar shouldn't be a problem, providing it will support the 12V that it'll be fed from the battery.

When I get a chance I'll been putting an array of blue green and red LED's in my instrument panel, hooked up with some resistors so that they don't get the full 12V, and linked to a switch to change the colour. Default white -> Red -> Blue -> Green.

I don't know why, but I am

-- DJ

Thread Information