Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Monsieur 405
  • 1 Post By SilverGTi_6
  • 1 Post By Mclee
  • 2 Post By Mclee

Thread: Coilover kits for Peugeot 504 to lower it and make it retro

Default Coilover kits for Peugeot 504 to lower it and make it retro

Hello Peugeot lovers,

After doing research on 2 topics about tuning and retro 504s by @maxhag and @callipygous, I got excited and wonder what coilover kits for lowering the car. Anybody please help me .

I have 504 1968 1.8. The engine runs well now so I think I just need to install Weber to maximize the speed. The only thing I concern is installing 15" wheels, and without coiloverkits, the car will run unsmoothly.

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

Advertisement

My advice would be to just leave it as it is. They have fantastic suspension already.

Sounds a lot like you're trying to dress mutton up as lamb. They are a beautiful as is; if you want to butcher a vintage car get your mitts on an old datsun or the like. Just my two cents...

Monsieur 405
    bluey504 likes this.

You could look into lowering springs from someone like KMAC or King Springs rather than coilovers. Likely cheaper and easier depending on what you're after. Not sure if coilovers are readily available for 504s.

There are a lot of people who are against mods on this forum. Each to their own, it's your car. Old Datsun's cost a fortune these days!

Not sure what you mean re 15" wheels.

Have seen some pics of modified 504s lately, can look pretty cool! Looking forward to seeing some progress pics.
    CEyssens likes this.
    Lotus Evora
    Peugeot 308 GTi
    1966 Volvo 122s
    Clio Sport Cup 182

Previous
    Lotus Sport 111, C4 VTS, RCZ, 205 GTi, Volvo C30 T5-R, Honda S2000, 206 GTi180, Lotus Elise 111R, 205 GTi 6, Manual 406 coupe, 306 GTi 6, 405 MI16 (twice!), 505 GR

Quote Originally Posted by Beano View Post
    My advice would be to just leave it as it is. They have fantastic suspension already.
    Yeah I will leave it original. The car can fit 15" rims without any changing spec of coil springs.

I may change the rims into BBS 8j15 or wantanabe rims

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur 405 View Post
    Sounds a lot like you're trying to dress mutton up as lamb. They are a beautiful as is; if you want to butcher a vintage car get your mitts on an old datsun or the like. Just my two cents...

Monsieur 405
    You love classic and original. I do too. But sometimes i love to change the clothes, the look. I will do my best not to screw it. I figured out the solution. Thanks to my bro who is professional at 504s

peujohn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGTi_6 View Post
    You could look into lowering springs from someone like KMAC or King Springs rather than coilovers. Likely cheaper and easier depending on what you're after. Not sure if coilovers are readily available for 504s.

There are a lot of people who are against mods on this forum. Each to their own, it's your car. Old Datsun's cost a fortune these days!

Not sure what you mean re 15" wheels.

Have seen some pics of modified 504s lately, can look pretty cool! Looking forward to seeing some progress pics.
    Thanks a lot for your advice. I will look in KMAC and King Springs. Hopefully they have for 504s.
    You're right. Datsun now is hard to find. In Việt Nam there are some but I don't love them. I only have one love for 504s . I will make my 504 unique and strong.
    I will try BBS or wantanabe 15" rims and hope they work well

dimistyle and CEyssens like this.

That's actually one of the pics I saw recently. Nice one.
    Lotus Evora
    Peugeot 308 GTi
    1966 Volvo 122s
    Clio Sport Cup 182

Previous
    Lotus Sport 111, C4 VTS, RCZ, 205 GTi, Volvo C30 T5-R, Honda S2000, 206 GTi180, Lotus Elise 111R, 205 GTi 6, Manual 406 coupe, 306 GTi 6, 405 MI16 (twice!), 505 GR

Thread Information