307Hdi 2.0 Depollution Error 1445
  • Register
  • Help
    PTR
    Tadpole

Default 307Hdi 2.0 Depollution Error 1445

Hi has anyone any experience with this error code?
    Our Pug is much loved and still runs beautifully at 310,000 km.
    It has started throwing this depollution error 1445 which reports as too much Eolys in the tank.
    The car drives fine with no power loss
    The Eolys reservoir is half full
    It gets lots of highway driving so unlikely anything to do w lack of DPF regens; and this would be different code anyway.
    I have tried the following fixes:
    - running the tank to nearly empty and refilling to full several times
    - cleaning the connections on the DPF ECU behind the glovebox fusebox
    - cleaning the connections on the Eolys reservoir pump connection

I paid for the Servicebox info on this code but it was fairly useless; it just says the 'area of problem' is likely to be the DPF reservoir pump
    I could start replacing bits one by one; which is the common dealer approach; Eolys tank $4-500, DPF ECU $370

Advertisement

Does anyone have any experience w this code?
    thanks
    Peter
    Torquay , Vic

1000+ Posts

My PSA manual lists P1445 as: Seuil maxi additif dans le FAP, with a comment Seuil maxi de cendre dans le FAP, that is the particle filter has reached maximum ash level. That suggests a filter cleaning problem.

Or perhaps a sensor.
    Last edited by seasink; 28th November 2016 at 10:09 PM.

PTR
    Tadpole

thanks for that Seasink; does it list those 2 as either/or?
    my simple Maxiscan reader gives 'purge flow sensor circuit high input'
    I would have thought PSA would have published a flowchart /algorithm of what order to check things for a given error?
    Do you know if the oft mentioned Peugeot Planet software interface will give any more info here than my simple code reader? I am considering laying out the $150 odd to buy it...

1000+ Posts

Diagbox will likely say much the same as the manual, but it also lists many other parameters which can give a better clue. I think you should have one, but it is easily the clumsiest software still in existence, both to install and to use.

The manual is straight forward - 3 columns - CODE; SIGNIFICATION; A VERIFIER (N/B, N/C, Défectueux, CC, CO, Pb alimentation) (that is, things to check).

You are being told that the FAP (filter) has reached maximum additive, with advice to look at the ash level. Have you considered a forced regen, or failing that, a motorway drive? There are a great many miles on that car, it is probably overdue for a clean.

PTR
    Tadpole

thanks ; has had lots of motorway driving this year up and down to Melbourne
    can the Planet software be used to force a DPF regeneration? Otherwise next step is the dealer or a good shop with specialization in this area...

1000+ Posts

Diagbox (Cit + Peugeot) certainly can, so I suppose Planet will also. The purpose is to burn off soot. I think it would be wise to get it read using PSA software.

If the filter won't regenerate, it can still be separated and cleaned with a high pressure hose - see Youtube. The gotcha is that cerium, the catalyst that it is now full of, is a rather nasty stuff to play with. It doesn't burn off. If you ask at a mechanics that services diesel lorries, they may give you the name of a local place that cleans heavy vehicle filters, or use the phone book. Carriers' trucks build up enough kilometres to need a regular clean out.

Thread Information