505/504 pushrod engines oil filter housings
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 505/504 pushrod engines oil filter housings

hello, just a simple question:

is it allowed to install pre 83 filter housing with the thinner nipple instead of the newer type?

this finnish bulletin says- as far as google translate understands , that the old one incorporates a bypass valve and on the new arrangement the valve is in the cartridge, and only the new type can replace the old one.

http://peugeot505.info/files/sb/sb_1...84_n12_fin.pdf

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by 2pac View Post
    hello, just a simple question:

is it allowed to install pre 83 filter housing with the thinner nipple instead of the newer type?

this finnish bulletin says- as far as google translate understands , that the old one incorporates a bypass valve and on the new arrangement the valve is in the cartridge, and only the new type can replace the old one.

http://peugeot505.info/files/sb/sb_1...84_n12_fin.pdf
    Google keeps translating "jalka" as leg, but the word has number of meanings and in this instance it refers to the oil filter "base" ( the part that the filter screws into). The old base can be replaced with the new base, provided the appropriate filter is used.

My Finnish is bit scratchy with technical stuff, but I think what typed above is pretty Right.

At the beginning of the last sections it list the models when the change took place.

Hope that helps
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Fellow Frogger!

yep, but i wonder whether new base can be replaced with old one.
    i just want my filter to point rearwards for factory mounted a/c purpose, and the appropriate base i got is old. my engine came with the new base.

I think the issue will be the filter. From my reading of it, I understood that the old and new filters are different due to changes to the bypass valve. New base requires, new filter. I dont know if the old base requires the old type filter or with new one will be ok

I am sure someone will chime in who knows the engines, I am not familiar with 504/5's
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Thread Information