Hi all,

I've read the thread from a few years ago (with updates by various people along the way), and I don't think that my car's air con problems are related.

The car is a 1999 406 D9 Hdi with climate control, but without the Comm 2000(?) unit.

Advertisement

About 3 weeks ago, the display panel for the climate control went blank, and all controls failed to respond. No rear window demister, no temperature control, no air direction control. Nothing. That also seems to mean no fresh air coming in to the cabin.

All fuses in the compartment near the battery seem okay. All fuses in the compartment under the right hand air vent seem okay, too.

About 10 days ago, when I started the engine, the display panel lit up, and all controls worked. For about 2 minutes. Then nothing, and nothing since.

I don't know how to tell if it is the display panel with the associated controls which has failed, or whether there's something else in the electrical system leading to that panel which is at fault.

I'm in Wagga Wagga, and will be travelling to Sydney (Randwick) tomorrow, Tuesday. One way without air conditioning is going to be bad enough. I'd prefer not to have to do both directions!

Can you point me in the right direction, or to someone who will be able to help, please?

As always, thanks for any help.
Andrew