Crap Service
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Crap Service

Crap Service

I copied this from my good rubber thread, I thought you guys should know.

It's about my steering/loose feeling when accelerating.

Stu from North Shore found out what was wrong. Last february, Asquith and Johnstone fitted new lower control arms to both sides. I took the car back about a week later with a clunk in my front end...... they changed my top engine mount and told me that the suspension was fine, even though when I went over a bump, I could feel the clunk through the steering and hear it clearly as a suspension noise. Not that I would know, I'm only a f%#^&ing mechanic, no, I'm a f%$#îng Peugeot mechanic. The arseholes left the control arms loose, even after I took the car back a third time. DICKHEADS!!!!!!

NEVER GO THERE!!!!

Advertisement

All fixed now, cars a treat, it even goes in a straight line!!!!
    Peugeot 306 GTi6
    Peugeot 205 GTiS2, you want it? call me 0414 996 499,

yup, totally agree there. They admitted to us last time that they aren't very good, have poor morale, noone good is left and to keep going to Paul V as things do not look like they'll improve there. So there you go. Glad you've got it sorted now Simon
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Stories like your really make me question the "Warranty" provided by the car dealers on 2nd hand cars.

Glad its all better now. I hope you leanred a lesson. Paul V is the man !

1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

Fellow Frogger!
    Yes some car dealers are absolute scumbags..
    I am an honest business man, that sells cars on the side, just to help pay the rent, when things are slow.
    This is something you haven't thought of:
    I used to sell done up cars, or sporty cars, but i had probably one in 4-5 cars i sold, come back for warranty work and the car had been Thrashed!!! oh it cost me thousands (New trans, blown driveshafts, diffs) there was even melted rubber stuck to the rear wheel arch!!! on one of the cars i sold. That's why i only sell nice and sedate cars, but i have to sell a Peugeot if i come across any in the trade!!
    They are all excellent cars, warranty can be a bit risky on them.
    The other side of the coin..
    Having said that, dealers have to warranty vehicles, depending on state legislation. If you purchase a car with warranty, then the dealer has to cover your car no exuses!!
    By law they have to cover you, not if they feel like it!!
    oh well that's my 2_cents worth
    Cheers
    Adrian Colman
    Peugeot
    "Anything else is a Compromise!"

Fellow Frogger!
    A&J..hahahahaha the idiots!!!

yeah paul is da man!!!

Cant_get_enough_of_peugeots:
    Having said that, dealers have to warranty vehicles, depending on state legislation. If you purchase a car with warranty, then the dealer has to cover your car no exuses!!
    By law they have to cover you, not if they feel like it!!
    oh well that's my 2_cents worth
    Cheers
    Adrian Colman
    I don't know about other states, but when I bought my Pug here in Victoria, it was not covered by a warranty as it was over ten years old. The legislation here is that a car dealer is under no obligation to provide a warranty on cars over 10 years old. Some do provide a warranty but you need to pay extra and it's provided through a 3rd party, so if any work needs to be done in the warranty period, you take the car to the warranty provider, not the dealer.

I didn't bother as I didn't know how good the quality of their work would have been, pretty dodgy I expected.

Previously, the only reason why I'd go to a dealer to buy a car was because they provided a warranty. With the new legislation, buying a 10+ year old car from a dealer is no less risky than buying privately. Add to that the fact that cars sold through dealers are more expensive, and it looks like dealers might have a hard time selling older cars.

Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

Fellow Frogger!
    Previously, the only reason why I'd go to a dealer to buy a car was because they provided a warranty. With the new legislation, buying a 10+ year old car from a dealer is no less risky than buying privately. Add to that the fact that cars sold through dealers are more expensive, and it looks like dealers might have a hard time selling older cars.
    Some dealers yes!
    In Adelaide we have to offer a warranty for cars under 200,000km's or Under 15 years old.
    It's also interesting to note that buying of a dealer means the vehicle is of "Clear title"
    no finance, not rebirthed, beacuase if a dealers sells a car like that he can lose his licence.
    Another thing that is interesting, and i learnt the hard way, is that a dealer "has no choice" but to overinflate the prices. I find that people will not buy a car unless they think they are getting a good deal, ie a $1500-2000 discount, depending on the price of the vehicle, or they have a $500 trade in that they think is worth $2000... and trust me there is not $2000 profit in cars...
    I had a 205 gti red, immaculate for $7500, people would look, offer me $5500-$6000, (Which is less than what it owed me.
    Nothing wrong with the car, so i advertised it for $8999, and the new owner was over the moon when he talked me down to $7200, lol we were both happy, and he a got a really good car
    Everyone want's a bargain, which is fair enough, but a lot of trade auctions are being attended by the public, which is pushing the prices up, and narrowing the margins.
    Cheers
    Adrian Colman
    Peugeot

Third party warranties are a joke... a sop for housewives and single mums spending their parents' money!

The limitations are endless... anything that leaks isn't covered, for instance. You are obliged to have regular servicing done by a registered workshop... every three months or else! A real bunfight, and that's before you get to try and make a claim.

Obviously, these people are in it for the money, so they exclude as much as they can. Just think about it before signing up for one of these... look carefully at what's excluded and see just what it leaves.

A total engine or gearbox failure, yes, that would be covered (as long as your services weren't late and there was oil in both and water in the motor as well), but anything that just wears out isn't covered at all.

Look at maintenance bills for any car and you'll see that almost all the costs are things that simply wear out. Or leaks...

But I wouldn't think that their repairs, when they're made, need be dodgy. They use regular workshops, in fact you can probably nominate your own repairer. After all, they have to warrant the repair.

Fellow Frogger!
    But I wouldn't think that their repairs, when they're made, need be dodgy. They use regular workshops, in fact you can probably nominate your own repairer. After all, they have to warrant the repair.
    Exactly!, in most cases you can choose your own repairer.
    Another thing to think about, is that if a car yard is dodgy with it's repairs, and warranty, then the car you are looking at buying will probably be dodgy as well. Always get a mechanical inspecion done at a workshop, not a mobile inspection. The guys in the workshop can put the car on the hoist, and get a real picture of what the car is like..
    Trust me it will be the best $100 or so you will spend..
    Peugeot

Pugsly:
    A&J..hahahahaha the idiots!!!

yeah paul is da man!!!
    yeh thats one place were i will not take my 306 a&j hear alot of bad stuff about them
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Hi Buzz, Welcome to Aussiefrogs! Click on Aussiefrogs on the bottom of the page and go to the other part of the website. Click on repairers and you'll see Paul Vassallo in Gladesville under AP Automotive. A lot of people seem to skip that valueable part of the website, so have a browse around there. There are good articles and the member's galleries, so you can see what we drive.
    - Lincoln

Thanks for the welcome. I'm enjoying the site.
    Sorry if I'm diverting the topic but ...How do you get your name on that list of repairers? By members recommendations?
    Also people refer to past topics eg other carbs on 504/505. Is there an easy way to find them?
    Have I forgotten to read the instructions again or is there a how to guide for aussie.frogs I've miised?
    Thanks again

At the top of the main forum view there is a option for showing all topics or by day. You can show all (it'll take a while) and then you can browse. Otherwise hit search at the top of the page and type in 504 and you should get all hits for 504. But don't hesitate to post if you can't find what you're after. That's main thing I like about this forum is that people don't go on and on about searching past threads.

Have fun!
    - Lincoln

Buzz, you don't have your personal messages turned on, so I can't respond to you! To answer your question, yes Paul services RWD Pugs. He has a 505 himself (is that RWD? Sorry I'm new school on Pugs )
    - Lincoln

1000+ Posts
    Yes yes, the 505 is RWD Lincoln (geeez!)

Buzz, Paul service our 504 recently, and it's running the best it has done in years! Amazing what a mechanic who know what he's doing can achieve

Top bloke - good value, and very reasonable prices too.

Derek.

XTC
    Do you think dealers or repairers pay any attention to the type of feedback (good or bad) they may be getting on forums and websites ? Or are most of them just too "backward" to even realise that piss the wrong customer off and they'll go telling 1426* other forum members (not many I know - but it's an impact).

I think they under-estimate the long term implications of mass media (interent) information sources - sure it's small now but in 5 years it'll be 1000x bigger.

You'd think they would be managing it (or at least watching it closely).

* Number of AussieFrog registered members at the time of writing ... unknown number of guests read the forum as well.

XTC206
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Paul is very passionate about all to do with french cars, that what I like about him the most. I stay with him when he works on my car and he seems to enjoy the chat.

He is also very padantic, sometimes too padantic for my liking but thats why every car he services will be in top nic.

His regular services take 5 hours, he goes through the lot!
    90 205 Gti Cherry Red(Track Car)
    2009 207gti
    1985 505gti (Shitbox Rally) Sold

PBs:

Oran Park: 1:27:9
    Wakefield: 1:05.6 (July 2015)
    Eastern Creek: 1:47 (16V) 2019
    Mt Huntley: 34.44 (2004 stock 205)
    Ringwood: 35.06 (30/10/2005)
    Winton: 1:33.6 (2017)

Maybe in the future as you say.

But at this point in time, I don't think they're too worried, even if they should be.

You also have to consider the demographic of the website - its quite wide and varied, just look at the weird and wonderful variety of frogmobiles here. Some like their new cars, some like used, some like the classics, some like cars mainstream dealers would be scared of In the future, people will move about between the groups, and that is where the problem potentially lies - eg. someone who buys older cars now, looking to towards the future, purchases newer cars.

I'd argue on something like the 206 or 307 list, it's going to make much more of an impact, simply because of the nature of the people and cars you're dealing with. Whilst there are fewer people, you're basically dealing with the target market. I'd also argue you have a larger actively reading population.

Car manufacturers are making it harder and harder for people to move out of the authorised dealer network for maintenance too.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

XTC
    Pug307:
    But at this point in time, I don't think they're too worried, even if they should be.
    I know Peugeot Australia do watch 206GTi.net on a regular basis - they were not impressed of the airport GTi180 spy photos that appeared there -and went round the dealers like wildfire Thanx to Simon.

<a href="http://206gti.net/oz180/" target="_blank">http://206gti.net/oz180/</a>

Car manufacturers are making it harder and harder for people to move out of the authorised dealer network for maintenance too.
    Often wondered what the ACCC would think about the fact that dealers are limiting your service options (eg. Pug won't allow anyone else to have their Diag2000 gear).

XTC206

Now this is a .sig

1000+ Posts
    XTC206:
    Do you think dealers or repairers pay any attention to the type of feedback (good or bad) they may be getting on forums and websites ? Or are most of them just too "backward" to even realise that piss the wrong customer off and they'll go telling 1426* other forum members (not many I know - but it's an impact).
    Yes XTC206, I know of one dealer that has a representive that monitors Aussiefrogs.

I was surprised to find out but I think it's good!

Derek.

XTC
    DeKa:
    Yes XTC206, I know of one dealer that has a representive that monitors Aussiefrogs.
    I was surprised to find out but I think it's good!
    Derek.
    It's a smart business move ... "information is power" - percieved or real it doesn't matter if people choose to act on it. A&J gets bagged something shocking - and it's not just 1 person it's lots of them - it can't be good for their business.

They should at least have a spy here and when they figure out just who that 306 owner is who had bad suspension work done, a dealer rep should contact them and have some sort of peace offering at hand .... eg 50% off labour next service or something. Obviously they don't think there is any risk manangement needed in this case.

I wouldn't bag a dealer unless they truely deserved it, but lets say the reputation of the one here is very low around town - and info spreads fast on the internet ... not very wide (when you consider their total customer base) .. but it'll only get bigger.

Sime-Darby better stay awake.

XTC206

Now this is a .sig

Cant_get_enough_of_peugeots:
    Always get a mechanical inspecion done at a workshop, not a mobile inspection. The guys in the workshop can put the car on the hoist, and get a real picture of what the car is like..
    Trust me it will be the best $100 or so you will spend..
    Yeah, I agree. I had my car checked out at a VACC inspection place, basically a workshop accredited by the VACC (Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce) to carry out vehicle inspections. Apparently an electrician who worked next door had owned a 505 in the past, so he had a look and said it was one of the best 505s he's ever seen. Definitely gave me some peace of mind.

It's also interesting to note that buying off a dealer means the vehicle is of "Clear title" no finance, not rebirthed, beacuase if a dealers sells a car like that he can lose his licence.
    True, I forgot about this. I guess there are some things going for dealers.

Another thing that is interesting, and i learnt the hard way, is that a dealer "has no choice" but to overinflate the prices. I find that people will not buy a car unless they think they are getting a good deal, ie a $1500-2000 discount, depending on the price of the vehicle, or they have a $500 trade in that they think is worth $2000... and trust me there is not $2000 profit in cars...
    I think that people generally tend to believe that no matter the price placed on a vehicle by a dealer, even if it is a true indication of the vehicle's worth, the price will be overinflated to some degree, hence the "need" to haggle it down.

I know I had to deal with this feeling everytime I walked into a used-car yard, and upon seeing a car priced at $3000 thinking to myself "I wonder what's wrong with it" and that I should be able to get it down to $2000 at least, maybe even $1500.

Of course, researching the true value of cars by going round to lots of dealers and checking out private ads to see what similar models are selling for, educates the buyer so that this problem is lessened. Many used-car buyers don't do this though.

Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

Fellow Frogger!
    I totaly agree, i am currently selling a 205 gti that is in excellent condition, low km's. i had a customer look at it advertised at $7500, and he offered me $4700. I just had to laugh, he wasn't impressed and walked off. But what do you do, i honestly found it funny..
    as we know you don't get much of a 205 for $4k.
    Thus research on the value of the car you are buying is important. Also is research on common faults, and flaws the car you are looking for.
    Peugeot

Fellow Froggies,

On the topic of crap service, IF you are in Sydney STAY AWAY from Prestige Quality (PQ) Automotive in High Street Willoughby... both myself and a colleague have had some dramas with that mob. The customer service esp. when you return to point out a fault with a previous job, is pretty appalling. I think they must have so much business that they simply do not want to know about any feedback from their work. Perhaps the customer service for that particular job ends when the money is handed over??

Having said that the only reason I brought my 205 GTi there in the past was for the work done by the main man there, Piere, which is very good, but pray you do not need to bring the car back after a repair for the non-existent customer service...if you're lucky you may/may not get it fixed, after being cursed by the owner Maurice, several times... mallet dead

Another euro place at Marrickville, Paul Cummins (mecano)Automotive...stay away from as well. Had a low radiator light come on and got a huge quote for a new radiator, engine mounts, R&R for the radiator etc... Used to do pretty good work for me but gradually went downhill...

Brought the car to Paul Vassalo, and cost me $50 to change a leaking Heater hose (which was the reason for the low light cos coolant was slowly leaking!).... Paul is very thorough (as previously stated) and the car always run superb after a service. But my experience has been he can be very slow or unable to obtain spare parts sumtimes... if in doubt, get the part and bring it to Paul, he will do a better job than most.

disclaimer: No attempt is made to defame here, these are real life repair experiences, and they are stricty personal views...and I have named the good AND the bad...which I think is important for fellow froggies, I think the power of these forums can help to keep repairers more honest...
    *********A.K.A Eddy W*********
    " NOS! I need NOS!!...."
    92 PUG 205 GTi SIII Race Green... gone..gone..gone..

XTC
    Sillsun:
    disclaimer: No attempt is made to defame here, these are real life repair experiences, and they are stricty personal views...and I have named the good AND the bad...which I think is important for fellow froggies, I think the power of these forums can help to keep repairers more honest...
    If they know we are talking about them ... the more Aussiefrog stickers out there the better I guess.

XTC206

Now this is a .sig

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information