207 GT random plug Q and a used car warranty Q
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 207 GT random plug Q and a used car warranty Q

Question 1: What is this plug in the attached photo? It has an oem cover and I dont have cruise control so I'm thinking its that.

Question 2: Gearbox is grumbley when in neutral with clutch out but not with clutch in, also howls a bit louder than I think it probably should. Gearbox on my previous 207 blew and cost me 3k so not keen on going there again, but I bought this car from a dealer so I'm thinking I could get it done through the 3 month statutory warranty but I'm not sure if its bad enough that they would cover it? How does one go about getting stuff fixed through this warranty?

Advertisement

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 207 GT random plug Q and a used car warranty Q-dsc_0025.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by lwrd207 View Post
    Question 1: What is this plug in the attached photo? It has an oem cover and I dont have cruise control so I'm thinking its that.

Question 2: Gearbox is grumbley when in neutral with clutch out but not with clutch in, also howls a bit louder than I think it probably should. Gearbox on my previous 207 blew and cost me 3k so not keen on going there again, but I bought this car from a dealer so I'm thinking I could get it done through the 3 month statutory warranty but I'm not sure if its bad enough that they would cover it? How does one go about getting stuff fixed through this warranty?

Thanks
    My understanding is stat warranty only covers an item that has actually failed. And not something that may or may not fail within the stat warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by lwrd207 View Post
    OEM?

That large gap in your photo between the battery and the engine usually contains the main air intake pipe between the air filter and the compressor inlet of the turbo and this has a second pipe with a sensor in it.

It looks like yours has been modified to have a pod filter and it came with a plastic blank or shunt to deal with the missing sensor. At least that's what I think it is.

It should look like this:

207 GT random plug Q and a used car warranty Q-207gtienginepic.jpg

There's nothing extra under the bonnet needed for cruise control - just a selector stalk, clutch pedal switch and brake pedal switch. It's entirely likely that the only thing missing on yours is the stalk.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Thread Information