407 HDi 2.7D. Pads & rotors
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 407 HDi 2.7D. Pads & rotors

My 407 2.7D, 2007 with 90,000 k is in need of new front pads and rotors. Rear I don't know but will probably change pads. Local agent will only fit Puggy parts, quote still has me shaking.
    Just seeking the latest thinking on the best non genuine parts, cleanliness, feel, longevity and performance at least equal to original. A friend with a couple of older Mercedes swears by Bendix Euro and he does give them a workout. Suggestions and supplier details would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ross.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

The suspension is a steel sprung version of the Citroen C5 (or perhaps vice-versa) and brakes are not over-expensive. Give EAI in Sydney a ring 02 9481 8400 or [email protected] and get a price for pads and discs, delivered to your place. They may even be able to supply OEM!

It's a simple conventional job at the front.

At the rear you will need torx sockets and a piston rewind tool. The calipers are the fixed type with a handbrake system inside the piston. There are accounts of doing it in the Citroen C5 threads. The rewind tool set is cheap - see the tools thread.

If you have an electric handbrake on the rear be extra careful to shut it down, and check the advice for this. A mistake is very expensive.
    Last edited by seasink; 20th October 2016 at 11:42 AM.

Fellow Frogger!

Ring an RDA brake supplier for the fronts:
    RDA7887 Rotors
    RDX2132 pads
    DP1550 alterrnate pad option

I bought my rear rotors and pads from a guy on the gold coast: total cost delivered was $150. PM me if you want his details.

I bought a comprehensive torx socket set and caliper push back rewind set for the left and right side from ebay. $25 for each. Delivered next day.
    Last edited by dcc236; 21st October 2016 at 04:38 PM.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by dcc236 View Post
    Ring an RDA brake supplier for the fronts:
    RDA7887 Rotors
    RDX2132 pads
    DP1550 alterrnate pad option

I bought my rear rotors and pads from a guy on the gold coast: total cost delivered was $150. PM me if you want his details.

I bought a comprehensive torx socket set and caliper push back rewind set for the left and right side from ebay. $25 for each. Delivered next day.

Thank you Gentlemen for your responses. I am onto the procurement now, hopefully all goes well from this point.

Regards,

Ross

Thread Information