• Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrew Watkins
  • 1 Post By tonch504
  • 1 Post By goodgriefmike

Thread: 504 coupe

Tadpole

Default 504 coupe

Did Peugeot make a RHD version of the. 504 coupe? If so, was there a v6 version, and are there any (v4 or v6) in Australia? Thanks,
    merv

Advertisement

Welcome to Af Merv.

Af has a google search facility for info contained within the site. The search window is atop the home page.

504 coupe-afsearch.jpg

Here are some results from AF you may find worth browsing:

aussiefrogs - The Australian French Car Forum Since 1999 - aussiefrogs.com - Google Search Results

VIP Sponsor

RHD versions of the 4 cylinder, inline, not V4.
    Don't know about the V6.
    There are LHD, RHD 4 cylinder and V6 cars in this country.

If you want a nice LHD vehicle in Victoria: 1979 Peugeot 504 Manual

If you want a nice LHD vehicle in Victoria: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-3012156/?Cr=1

Tadpole

Thank you. I am aware of the LHD for sale, but not sure this would be suitable as a daily driver.

To answer your initial question, the 504 coupe and cabriolet were not made in RHD. Some distributor-sponsored cabriolet RHD conversions were done in the UK by Crayford. All other conversions should be regarded as back yard jobs.

Fellow Frogger!

If you want the car give it a real thought

I have done thousands of k driving wrong handed, usually fast ( LHD car in UK ).

Once one gets used to it driving a "wrong-sided" car is no great hassle - it requires thought when overtaking on two lane roads, as one has to get out a lot further before committing ( this is particularly annoying with LHD in little, windy UK A and B roads ). Also needs a bit of recalibration of one's parking technique.

One gets used to it.

Also has the advantage over here of probably making the car cheaper. Most RHD ones would give you the risk and hassle of a dodgy RHD conversion

If I wanted a car, I wouldn't hesitate because of LHD

Good luck and best Wishes

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Merv View Post
    Thank you. I am aware of the LHD for sale, but not sure this would be suitable as a daily driver.
    lozenge likes this.

1000+ Posts

Realy nice soft top on bring a trailer classifieds in us atm, thanos who posts on here occasionally has an ex works coupe ,in greece ,pugs

Tadpole

Thanks Andrew. Early days yet, but I appreciate your summation, regards, merv

Fellow Frogger!

All 504 Coupes and Cabriolets were LHD. A small number of new cars where converted in the UK by a company called Hodec.
    A RHD conversion can be quite professional accomplished, as all the RHD parts can be sourced from a sedan.
    The dashboard is about the hardest part.
    goodgriefmike likes this.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Merv View Post
    Did Peugeot make a RHD version of the. 504 coupe? If so, was there a v6 version, and are there any (v4 or v6) in Australia? Thanks,
    merv
    As Tonch ? very rightly said, , Hodec converted a number of Coupe / Cabriolet 504's to RHD.

If you are interested, back in the UK I have a crashed 504 Cabriolet RHD, which could provide most of the parts to convert a LHD to RHD (Dash, etc) The car itself had a front impact on the LHS and would need talent to straighten up)

I have used this parts' car to provide bits for my 504 Cab that I have brought to Melbourne and an trying to get certified for the road. (I'll post some pics later and definitely be asking for advice, as there are a more than a few things I have no clue about as a non mechanic !)

R's mike
    hypermiler likes this.

Hi I have a 504 cab in Melbourne on club plates .If you want to contact me pm me or ring 0401382454 Julian

Thread Information