Peugeot 407 HDI - Diesel won't run / Good Peugeot Diesel Mechanic Sydney Inner West
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 68 404

Thread: Peugeot 407 HDI - Diesel won't run / Good Peugeot Diesel Mechanic Sydney Inner West

Tadpole

Default Peugeot 407 HDI - Diesel won't run / Good Peugeot Diesel Mechanic Sydney Inner West

Hi Guys,

having a few issues with my 407 Hdi and hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Its happened a couple of times (mainly when my wife is driving) the car will just stop running and won't restart, it turns over tries to fire but won't run. Has only happened when the car was running but now won't start at all.

Its been at my mechanics for the last week and unfortunately he has given up on finding out what could be wrong - he's not an expert on diesels and can't get a full read on his diagnostic equipment.

Advertisement

1) any one had similar problems? Stuff I've read has suggested the erg valve might be stuck? The fuel pump (either the high pressure injector pump or the tank pump is playing up) or the non return valve in the fuel line isn't working - it appears to be a fuel issue at least on the surface.

2) can any one recommend a good Peugeot Diesel mechanic in the Sydney inner west, Sydney south areas? - prefer not to go to a stealer if i don't have to.

thanks

James

It's been suggested here before that diesels needs highway (100km/hr) driving from time to time. If it's just been doing around town runs recently, get it out for a decent run to get the temps up.

can you hook up the obd scanner and list the codes that come up ?

I had the non start issue with my Petrol V6 407 and it turned out to be the PSF1 issue, which is basically a relay problem in the fusebox. To replace that part you'd need the part number or alternately , you can do the fix as I have listed in my thread.

Tadpole

Thanks, we try to run it on the highway speeds every couple of weeks, can't even get it started at the moment so taking it for a run isn't an option ;-(

Tadpole

My mechanic is having issues with his scanner its generic and its not giving him the detail as a Peugeot scanner will, he's getting some codes that were pointing to the BCM but he's not confident with diesel pugs and is trying to find someone with a scanner that'll work.

I have a very generic one as well that I bought. Please go through the thread and if it's the same don't waste money and replace the relay yourself.

Peugeot 407 V6 Auto - Car wouldn't start

Take it to Dave Collier at Colliers Automotive on James Ruse Drive, Granville (near the cnr of Parramatta Rd). He lives, dreams, fixes, and races French cars.

Alternatively, Ford also ran that same diesel. You may find a European Ford fixer closer to home.

Dave
    andrepug and jt9876 like this.
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Fellow Frogger!

I know it sounds silly but is your wife using a different key . If so could the issue be coming from the coding somehow from hers and not yours . swap keys and see what happens . Is her key looser in the lock allowing loss of signal to the pick up in the collar around the slot . I had a key cut for my 407 before it was coded and that is just the way it behaved if I tried to start the car with it .

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by 68 404 View Post
    Take it to Dave Collier at Colliers Automotive on James Ruse Drive, Granville (near the cnr of Parramatta Rd). He lives, dreams, fixes, and races French cars.

Alternatively, Ford also ran that same diesel. You may find a European Ford fixer closer to home.

Dave
    Thanks Dave. I'll give him a go if my guy can't get it fixed, - he has some body else coming to look at it with the correct peugeot scanner.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by keithm View Post
    I know it sounds silly but is your wife using a different key . If so could the issue be coming from the coding somehow from hers and not yours . swap keys and see what happens . Is her key looser in the lock allowing loss of signal to the pick up in the collar around the slot . I had a key cut for my 407 before it was coded and that is just the way it behaved if I tried to start the car with it .

Yep, we tried that, no difference with either key ;-(

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by codename47 View Post
    I have a very generic one as well that I bought. Please go through the thread and if it's the same don't waste money and replace the relay yourself.

Peugeot 407 V6 Auto - Car wouldn't start
    shall do if it turns out to be the PFS1. Thanks.

you need to diagnose it for that. It won't tell you that it's a psf1. It will throw many open circuit codes including EGR Valve and Crank angle sensor issue and no power to fuel pump etc

Thread Information