petrol 307 heater core replacement.
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By kelpiebat
  • 1 Post By N5GTi6

Thread: petrol 307 heater core replacement.

Fellow Frogger!

Default petrol 307 heater core replacement.

Hi, and hoping for some clues as to the title.
    My wife's '04 2.0lt 307 wagon has dumped all or most of its coolant into the passengers foot well over a period of about 48 hrs or less. The outlet that supplies most of the Peug bits I need to buy tells me that 307 heater core replacements are not rare, although sometimes the problem is merely age hardened O rings. So, being used to bad luck I'm fearing the worst and am hopeful that there is good information among y'all that will save a fair bit of grief. Years ago the same task was completed on a 405 SRDT and the shortcuts I learnt of made a huge difference.

Advertisement

Many thanks. Cheers Paddy

Fellow Frogger!

An update for those that may be needing to, and fearing, matrix or 'o' ring replacement in a car like mine. The task turned out to be dead easy - 7 screws and the glove box is out after disconnecting the light then 4 more and a plastic cover strip that allows the matrix to be visible is free. A torx head screw secures the matrix, which is held to the 2 plastic pipe assembly by another screw whilst another holds the pipe ass'y in place. With those 3 torx removed the matrix can be slid out far enough to separate it from the pipes prior to complete removal. As it turned out the only coolant loss was the emptying of of the header tank over many weeks so I've simply replaced the 'o' rings (20mmx2.5mm) which are the usual culprits in 307s, I believe. Silicone versions would be better than the usual standard ones but none were readily available, I did get from the Hydraulic shop slightly tighter N9 'o' rings and the ass'y went back together almost as easy as it came apart. Peugeot service box was a very handy tool for learning about the task ahead.
    Am not sure I could have survived the ordeal if it had been anything like my old '96 restyle 405.
    JohnW, Beano and tazfrog like this.

Great feedback Paddy. Good to hear Peugeot actually made something better after the issues experienced by 306 owners having to remove the dash for the fix.

This makes a 307 a much more viable purchase knowing that this major issue is more easily resolved.

Cheers

Justin
    tazfrog likes this.
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

Thread Information