More curly 306/205 questions...
  • Register
  • Help

Default More curly 306/205 questions...

So, I'm out in the sun today just about to strip my 306 XSi apart. First up a compression check and I've pretty much 200 across the four cylinders. Happy with that and within 10% when the test was performed with light oil added.
    So the plan is that the original 1.9 8v comes out of the 205 along with the ecu. Then I add the 306 along with its complete loom and ecu. Everything bar the engine runs on the 205 loom, while the engine runs off the 306 wiring and ecu. Effectively the only point that the two looms meet is at the ignition key. This seems very easy compared to what I've been reading about on other swaps. Will this work or have I been out in the sun too much already...

Advertisement

Default More curly 306/205 questions...

I'd figure the dash instruments will also need some integration

There are some conversion hit lists online, it may pay the look them up and read over them, it may help decide which conversion you'd prefer to do.
    Last edited by CEyssens; 17th September 2016 at 12:28 PM.

1000+ Posts

You will need to interface the instruments to the sensors, cut and solder the loom that goes in passenger side, this is where the instruments go. The loom going in near driver is the engine ecu bits, that all comes out. Good luck. You can pull out wiring all the way back to the instrument binnacle.

Tachymetric relay has the fuel pump wire, look or this it connects to the inertia switch / fuel pump dual relay on the back of the battery box close to the 306 ECU.
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway
    306 convertible (gti6 candidate)
    307 HDi wagon
    407 HDi wagon

Did you check where the "new" engine gets the tach signal from? ECU or ignition module? you might need a bit of smart bodging iof there's a mismatch, but shouldn't be a problem.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

1000+ Posts

If its the same as the j4rs and there is little chance its not close to it (j4r) then its a wire on the engine / ecu loom coming out onto the big connector, wire 426, needs a mod to the the tacho to work this way otherwise you need to hack into the coils / loom with diodes etc.
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway
    306 convertible (gti6 candidate)
    307 HDi wagon
    407 HDi wagon

Cheers fellas. Am currently disconnecting devices from the loom one by one to see what's needed on it to just make the engine run. In he process, I'm accumulating a large box of Peugeot nuts, bolts and fittings that'll cross over onto the 205. Not a bad way to spend a sunny arvo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Retain the multiplug from the engine looms of the 205. You can solder in new spade conectors, match up the wires to the ecu and it should be fine. One will be for the instruments also (1 plug of the 2)

Cam
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Thread Information