MY06 407 Hdi Dash Cluster LCD cannot be read
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default MY06 407 Hdi Dash Cluster LCD cannot be read

The red portion of our dash cluster of our MY06 407 Hdi Dash Cluster LCD cannot be read. Speedo, tach and all the gauges are fine but we cannot read the odometer or cruise control speed, etc.

Is there a way to repair the LCD or is it best to just replace the dash cluster with a used one from a wrecker?

If I replace the cluster, will the ECU update the odometer with the correct mileage or will it change to the mileage of the new cluster? If it changes to the mileage of the new cluster, is there a way to update the mileage so that it is correct?

Are there any immobiliser issues when changing the dash cluster?

As an aside, when I try and start the car with its second key, the car does not start. I get an error message with a key and a cross through it. How do I fix this?

Advertisement

Are you sure you haven't just accidentally pushed the button on the end of the wiper stalk?

That can cycle through displays (trip meter, km, radio, gearbox, etc) and you may have ended up on a blank one.

It could also be by pressing (briefly) the trip recorder button next to the display that it cycles through a few pages - or there may be a "dark" or "mode" (not "menu") button on the stereo that also does the same thing.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

As for the key, you could try reprogramming the remote key that doesn't work. It's in the owners manual under "Access" or similar.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Fellow Frogger!

No, it is a LCD failure. Numbers and letter are only partially lit up but not legible.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by dcc236 View Post
    No, it is a LCD failure. Numbers and letter are only partially lit up but not legible.
    LCD or just the backlight? It can be hard to tell sometimes, but if the backlight is still working there should be a uniform glow of the screen.
    406 HDi

Quote Originally Posted by hypermiler View Post
    LCD or just the backlight? It can be hard to tell sometimes, but if the backlight is still working there should be a uniform glow of the screen.
    EBAY just need to count your pins

Tadpole

The displays on 407's are notorious for crapping out
    You can get after market replacements which are cheaper and better than original
    Check eBay as I got mine replaced by a guy in box hill ( next door to Auto Paris) and had no more issues.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs mobile app

Fellow Frogger!

I ended up buying an identical dash cluster from a wrecker for very little $. The car it came from had 97,000kms. When I replaced it with my faulty one, my car's actual kms were displayed not the kms from the car it came out of. It is nice to have a working LCD again.

Thread Information